Possible tail rot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

savannahbell17

Hello! I just got my baby beardie, Mushu, a little over two weeks ago and I noticed he had little kinks in his tail. I’ve been looking into it and read about tail rot and noticed the bottom was darker than the rest, but I can’t tell if that’s just his natural coloring. I’ve already bought betadine and neosporin today and done one treatment just in case because if it is tail rot, it looks like I may have caught it early and I read that can get rid of it. Thank you!
108450-9766372125.jpg
108450-2855835953.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tip of the tail looks like it got pinched --- is the end brittle or dry? Usually what happens is the end will fall off then you need to watch for infection of which you can use some raw unpasteurized honey on it--- I am going to let AHBD give her thought on this --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Karrie, it just looks like it was pinched under something or slightly nipped by a clutchmate before you got him. Just dab the neospoorin on + watch that the tail doesn't start to look worse in any way but it should be fine. :) When I was raising babies I would see similar little kinks once in a while , sometimes the very tip woould fall of and that woulld be it.

savannahbell17

Original Poster
Thank you so much!! I also saw that it looked pinched but the darker color was what was worrying me ?. The end doesn’t seem brittle or dry, it looks just like the rest of the tail besides being a little darker. I’ll make sure to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get worse and I’ll continue putting the neosporin on it. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom