White worms in Ziggy's poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Ok hi so I'm terrified! Ziggy pooped like 20 minutes ago and as I was cleaning up I noticed a white worm in a piece of poop I was immediately scared and looked for more in the other pieces I found 2 more!! I don't know what I'm supposed to do! Is this going to hurt him? Could he die from this? I'm so scared.
108349-902696392.jpg
108349-2829618030.jpg
108349-266706236.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are they moving? What has he been eating? They look a bit like undigested black soldier fly larvae. Parasitic worms aren't often visible with dragons but I see them often in other animals. If BSFL aren't part of the diet, keep a close eye on this and if it continues a vet visit may be a good idea.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3euycpgo said:
Are they moving? What has he been eating? They look a bit like undigested black soldier fly larvae. Parasitic worms aren't often visible with dragons but I see them often in other animals. If BSFL aren't part of the diet, keep a close eye on this and if it continues a vet visit may be a good idea.
Yes they are moving. He's been eating crickets and sometimes mealworms as a treat.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If they are moving then they could be parasitic. Probably best to have a vet test a sample and treat as needed. Most parasitic infections are treatable without much issue. It's important to thoroughly clean and sanitize anything that comes in contact with poop in order to prevent re-infection.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2err0enr said:
If they are moving then they could be parasitic. Probably best to have a vet test a sample and treat as needed. Most parasitic infections are treatable without much issue. It's important to thoroughly clean and sanitize anything that comes in contact with poop in order to prevent re-infection.
Ok thank you! What do you clean your beardies stuff with?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually do most of the cleaning with vinegar spray and paper towels. Then once things are clean I sanitize with F10. If you don't have access to F10 (I would order a small bottle when you can) Rescue disinfectant from Virox is a good alternative. You can also sanitize surfaces using a steam cleaner if you have one of them.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2pqv3sxe said:
I usually do most of the cleaning with vinegar spray and paper towels. Then once things are clean I sanitize with F10. If you don't have access to F10 (I would order a small bottle when you can) Rescue disinfectant from Virox is a good alternative. You can also sanitize surfaces using a steam cleaner if you have one of them.
Awesome how often do you clean out the Viv?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Whenever it gets soiled. My guy is trained to poop outside the enclosure (and he doesn't really spend much time there anyway) so it doesn't require frequent cleaning. You'll want to do a good clean and disinfect after every in the tank poop or food spill etc though. It shouldn't usually have a bad smell to it.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":15jcys40 said:
Whenever it gets soiled. My guy is trained to poop outside the enclosure (and he doesn't really spend much time there anyway) so it doesn't require frequent cleaning. You'll want to do a good clean and disinfect after every in the tank poop or food spill etc though. It shouldn't usually have a bad smell to it.
Ok thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom