Emergency situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Sometime during the night my power pole next to my house fell luckily no damage to the house and right now the power has not been cut it fell in a way that the wires are still alive the power pole is already in the process of being replaced just wasn't expecting it. I have two bearded dragons and two ackie monitors the electric company is going to be here when they open to turn off the power and I'm going to be running an extension cord from my grandad's house which is my neighbors but I don't know how long it's going to take to replace it so this can turn very bad.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Replacing a pole typically takes a half day to full day. If you are going to run an extension cord from your neighbors house, you will want to make sure the extension cord gauge is rated high enough for such a distance.

-Brandon

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We have heavy duty extension cords so it should be okay for a day or two. But if it's any longer than that then I'm going to have some serious trouble. We're expecting some harsh weather.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So if I'm having a pretty fierce heatwave. it only took the electric company almost a full week to come and turn off the power and now pretty bad thunderstorms are coming through the area something that should have just been a day and a half to fix is turning into more and more of an pain in the butt. But luckily the animals are okay. The only one of the enclosures that has not actually been bothered is the ackie monitors I have been running the power on their enclosure and have experienced no overheating. I set up alarm that is attached to a thermometer to both of the bearded dragon enclosures and if it gets too hot on the cool side that slip off their lights for a while the only one I keep running constantly is there UVB. Due to the extreme heat wave. At least so far it's good. It's just amazing how something that could be that would typically be quick fix to take forever.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it only took them longer than it should have. getting the electric company to do anything over here in my area is like pulling teeth. But at least everything is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom