Head twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3.5 month old bearded dragon Demi has been stressed I can tell by the markings on her stomach! I legit have tried everything possible. I have a 40 gal tank heat lamp (150w is that to high I have a 100w I can place in) I have the reptisun t8 with a 10.0 bulb mounted inside. Every morning she gets collard greens, carrot shavings and other veggies dusted with calcium but hardly ever touches it even when trying to hand feed. She gets 25-30 crickets or dubia 2 hours after lamps are on. Dusted with either calcium and d3 or just calcium, even 3 times a week multivitamin. I pet her a lot and have been working in picking her ip but she wants to run away. Im being very patient and just trying to show im not a threat. A few days ago Noticed some head twitches and looked it up and its a calcium deficiency. I have noticed maybe the heat lamp may be too hot causing her to hang out on the side without the uvb. I have stick on zoomed temp and humidity but I doubt they are accurate. I ordered a hear gun and should be here Thursday june 4th. What can I do! I feel like im stressing the poor thing out i turn causing me to stress out a lot! I need help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post pictures of your tank setup for us, so we can see the placement & distance of
the tube bulb. I am glad that you have the T8 Reptisun instead of the compact/coil light.
She might not be getting enough calcium if she isn't eating anything which is dusted for her.
They sure can be picky sometimes!
I think if you get the lighting changed up a little bit she might bask more. How close is the
basking bulb to her?

Tracie

Ryanguitare

Original Poster
Drache613":1e27y9se said:
Hello,

Can you post pictures of your tank setup for us, so we can see the placement & distance of
the tube bulb. I am glad that you have the T8 Reptisun instead of the compact/coil light.
She might not be getting enough calcium if she isn't eating anything which is dusted for her.
They sure can be picky sometimes!
I think if you get the lighting changed up a little bit she might bask more. How close is the
basking bulb to her?

Tracie
108362-3092330210.jpg
This is the basking set up on the far end of a 40gal tank

108362-9243740802.jpg
The basking light above the branches. changed to exo terra 100w intense basking to see a difference between the 150w bulb I feel may have been way to hot! And my temp monitor wasnt catching the direct heat spot! A digital heat gun is coming Thursday so I can get better readings

108362-7746876236.jpg
Basking distance max height about 6 inches

108362-4863659609.jpg
Uvb t8 mounted inside 10.0 less than 6in from max height
And about 10 toward the bottom of the branch

108362-9791760784.jpg

Ryanguitare

Original Poster
Im also dusting with calcium every morning 20-30 crix weather thats calcium or calcium d3 but mainly just calcium I dint want to over due the D3 I know they produce that on their own, but just as a booster maybe 2 times a week

Ryanguitare

Original Poster
I really just want to get this set up right so I can stop stressing about the health of my baby, and be able to spend the time bonding instead of stressing her out! She’s beautiful and I want a good relationship with her!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks great today, very happy!
I bet it was getting a little too hot. Hopefully changing the distance has helped. The
digital temp gun you are getting will help with your temperature readings, too.
Has she eaten anything today?
The tank setup does look nice. I think the tube UVB should be just fine where it is mounted
right now.
Keep us posted on her

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom