Beardie not Eating, has had Pinworms Before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynesta

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2o4phdvb said:
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/3166-14-uvb-t5-bulb-22-arcadia.html
This is what you need ---- for your tank this fixture can be placed strapped to the top of tank -- you need a distance of 24" for that bulb or there abouts
Karrie

The fixture includes a “free” bulb. Do I just throw it out? I’d hate to do that. And about the distance, do you mean it needs 24” to work properly? or it works up to 24”?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The 5.0 can be kept as a back up if the other goes out but you would need to move the fixture if that happened because it is not strong enough -- it would be equivalent to a T 8 and still even weaker as its a 5.0 and not the 10.0--- those 5.0 's are more for aquarium use and not reptiles -- it needs to be 24" or there abouts your tank is 26 inches high correct-- w/ the basking decor its gonna be around 24" or so --- so if he sits on the basking decor piece under it he will get the UVB he needs -- you just dont need a real high piece of decor sitting under it it can be lower -- to the floor
Karrie

Cynesta

Original Poster
I ordered the light a bit ago, but he has recently started eating again. Still picky with greens, but eating. I’ve noticed that along with his feet being worn and pink, his nails are also really short, so I’ve been only taking him out on grass and put a towel in his enclosure. He absolutely loves running around and constantly wants out of his enclosure. I’m considering changing out his tile since it seems to be a problem (it’s a matte texture) but I don’t know what to do. I don’t want him to be constantly sliding around on it. Any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a tile that is not course- I have had my two on it one for over 2 years and the other over a year- I got this from home Depot
97951-666388767.jpg
You can also use a NON adhesive shelf liner-- w/ texture- that's the next best thing
Karrie

Cynesta

Original Poster
92079-2670776164.jpg
KarrieRee":ifqdi3zn said:
You need a tile that is not course- I have had my two on it one for over 2 years and the other over a year- I got this from home Depot
97951-666388767.jpg
You can also use a NON adhesive shelf liner-- w/ texture- that's the next best thing
Karrie
This is the tile I have currently.

Thank you so much!! I’m going to get tile today finally. His nails are still super short. He constantly wants out of his enclosure and wants to run arounds. Should I let him out less? His tank is currently very plain because I need to disinfect his new branches, so maybe that’s why he always wants out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can use wipe out from zoo med to disenfect your decor follow directions then put back in your tank what size is your tank?
Karrie

Cynesta

Original Poster
KarrieRee":20hbhtj9 said:
You can use wipe out from zoo med to disenfect your decor follow directions then put back in your tank what size is your tank?
Karrie

5’x2’x26” How can I sanitize logs I can’t fit into the oven? I have a chlorihexidine solution.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not know- someone else on the forum that has more experience will need to answer that---- all my decor is a plastic hard resin-
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can sanitize the surface using the chlorhexidine or you could use a steamer which could sanitize using heat. I often use F10 to sanitize wood pieces in place of baking them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can bake your wood outside in the sun, on a hot sunny day, for several hours. I have
done that before, & it seems to work really well, too.
I hope your dragon is feeling better, is he done with medications right now for his pinworms?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom