tail rot or normal coloration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptarmama

When I got my beardie his tail was all the same color, as hes aged (he's 10 months old now) half of his tail is turning a darker shade, I'm unsure if his coloration is naturally changing/darkening as hes growing or if he has tail rot?
108426-536375237.jpg
108426-2334481506.jpg
108426-1685531908.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed but its really dark on the tip -- can you post a better pic of the tip of tail -- I hope your kitty is declawed - she looks like shes taking a swipe at the dragon --- their claws can give the dragon an infection if they break the skin ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The tail can darken for a multitude of reasons, stress and being alert is one of them. And that's most likely what's happening especially with the cat being right there.

-Brandon

Reptarmama

Original Poster
KarrieRee":tvzylux0 said:
It looks like shed but its really dark on the tip -- can you post a better pic of the tip of tail -- I hope your kitty is declawed - she looks like shes taking a swipe at the dragon --- their claws can give the dragon an infection if they break the skin ---
Karrie

Nope, not taking a swipe and yes he is declawed... Reptar and my kitty Maverick are extremely comfortable with each other. I wouldn't allow them together if Maverick were aggressive in any way.
108426-9635665388.jpg
108426-1123295487.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed - just wanted to get a better look at the end of the tail --
Karrie

Reptarmama

Original Poster
Claudiusx":8p02k3sl said:
Hi there,

The tail can darken for a multitude of reasons, stress and being alert is one of them. And that's most likely what's happening especially with the cat being right there.

-Brandon

Thank you for your input, but my beardie and kitty are very comfortable and close with each other. They've been two peas in a pod since day one :)

108426-7792328624.jpg
108426-8832705379.jpg
108426-6696749753.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wasn't saying that your dragon wasn't uncomfortable with your cat, more so that tail darkening can be a sign of being alert or stressed just to name a few. I wasn't singling out the two, just naming two of the potential reasons.

31715-5315523562.jpg
This is one of mine when she is out exploring and "alert"

-Brandon

Reptarmama

Original Poster
Claudiusx":157x90gx said:
I wasn't saying that your dragon wasn't uncomfortable with your cat, more so that tail darkening can be a sign of being alert or stressed just to name a few. I wasn't singling out the two, just naming two of the potential reasons.

31715-5315523562.jpg
This is one of mine when she is out exploring and "alert"

-Brandon

Ahhh gotcha! Thank you for the clarification, nice to know it’s pretty common among beardies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom