tail rot or normal coloration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptarmama

When I got my beardie his tail was all the same color, as hes aged (he's 10 months old now) half of his tail is turning a darker shade, I'm unsure if his coloration is naturally changing/darkening as hes growing or if he has tail rot?
108426-536375237.jpg
108426-2334481506.jpg
108426-1685531908.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed but its really dark on the tip -- can you post a better pic of the tip of tail -- I hope your kitty is declawed - she looks like shes taking a swipe at the dragon --- their claws can give the dragon an infection if they break the skin ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The tail can darken for a multitude of reasons, stress and being alert is one of them. And that's most likely what's happening especially with the cat being right there.

-Brandon

Reptarmama

Original Poster
KarrieRee":tvzylux0 said:
It looks like shed but its really dark on the tip -- can you post a better pic of the tip of tail -- I hope your kitty is declawed - she looks like shes taking a swipe at the dragon --- their claws can give the dragon an infection if they break the skin ---
Karrie

Nope, not taking a swipe and yes he is declawed... Reptar and my kitty Maverick are extremely comfortable with each other. I wouldn't allow them together if Maverick were aggressive in any way.
108426-9635665388.jpg
108426-1123295487.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed - just wanted to get a better look at the end of the tail --
Karrie

Reptarmama

Original Poster
Claudiusx":8p02k3sl said:
Hi there,

The tail can darken for a multitude of reasons, stress and being alert is one of them. And that's most likely what's happening especially with the cat being right there.

-Brandon

Thank you for your input, but my beardie and kitty are very comfortable and close with each other. They've been two peas in a pod since day one :)

108426-7792328624.jpg
108426-8832705379.jpg
108426-6696749753.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wasn't saying that your dragon wasn't uncomfortable with your cat, more so that tail darkening can be a sign of being alert or stressed just to name a few. I wasn't singling out the two, just naming two of the potential reasons.

31715-5315523562.jpg
This is one of mine when she is out exploring and "alert"

-Brandon

Reptarmama

Original Poster
Claudiusx":157x90gx said:
I wasn't saying that your dragon wasn't uncomfortable with your cat, more so that tail darkening can be a sign of being alert or stressed just to name a few. I wasn't singling out the two, just naming two of the potential reasons.

31715-5315523562.jpg
This is one of mine when she is out exploring and "alert"

-Brandon

Ahhh gotcha! Thank you for the clarification, nice to know it’s pretty common among beardies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom