Ponazuril dosage...

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Ponazuril dosage...

Postby Tanyalove666 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:04 am

My beardie is about 45g and is starting ponazuril for coccidia (just two doses 48 hours apart)

His prescription says to give 0.75 ML

The actual bottle of it was mailed to me compounded and this is what the bottle says “ Ponazuril Oral Oil Suspension - 2 mg/mL, 15 ml“

I guess just giving a full 0.75 ML seems like so much to me. That’s almost the entire syringe right?!

Any thoughts on this? Am I reading this wrong?
Tanyalove666
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Ponazuril dosage...

Postby CooperDragon » Sun May 31, 2020 1:40 pm

That sounds like a lot but I'm not sure. It probably wouldn't hurt to give the vet a call and just double check to make sure an error hasn't been made with the dosage or prescription fill.
CooperDragon

Postby Tanyalove666 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:22 pm

CooperDragon wrote:That sounds like a lot but I'm not sure. It probably wouldn't hurt to give the vet a call and just double check to make sure an error hasn't been made with the dosage or prescription fill.

I thought so too but I actually emailed with Tracie (one of the mods here and a vet I believe) and she was so helpful explaining all of it. It was a bit more than she would prescribe so I actually did closer to Tracie’s dosage and did a bit less as I’d rather be conservative too. I spoke to the nurses at the doctor who said it was correctly written but not the doctor herself. So Tracie def gave me piece of mind! And thankfully he’s handling it very well and eating a lot!

He’s more upset about his minimal cage decor during treatment haha
Tanyalove666
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Sun May 31, 2020 2:41 pm

OK excellent. Tracie is certainly a huge help on these matters. I hope your little one feels better soon!
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health