Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I found a local pet store that has dubia roaches but there out of 5/8 but I’m going to bring my bearded dragon and see if I can find the right size for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok - let us know if you can get some-- I can give you more websites to try
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good news I got some small Dubia Roaches Saturday and it loved them! It ate 15. However they did not have any bsfl. But till I can get some I’m going to rotate between roaches and crickets. And I switched the carpet for paper towels cause I managed to find some. But I’ll have carpet for emergency.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so why did you take the carpet out and put in paper towels? I mean thats fine its just odd you did that --- and I am glad he liked the roaches --- you can order these insects on line if you like you can go see if it would be better to get them this way its up to you
www.reptilesplus.com they have small super worms you can get as well -- and horn worms too just get small amount -- they grow really fast so you would want to feed 1-2 per day -- put them on top of his salads --- along w / 1-2 small super worms- the BSFL are also called nutri grubs phoenix worms and calci worms -- the have them as well order large ---
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I had to cut the carpet and it’s hard to clean carpet that’s been cut up. Plus I don’t want to run the risk of getting it’s claws stuck.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I ran into another snag today my dragon’s tank’s hydrometer jumped to 60 today. I think it’s cause it was cloudy and it rain a bit today. But it’s still got me worried so question is what the best dehumidifier on a budget. And I’ll buy it asap but it will probably be on the 1st of June when my money comes in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Unless its over 70 % your ok --- I am sure its because of the rain-- you can look at getting a small dehumidifier for a room - look on line and see what you can find -- its humid here where I live too but I am not real concerned it does go up at nite but in the day the heat gets rid of it- leave your door open if they are in a room like bedroom office extra so the humidity can escape -- I am assuming there is no water dishes in the tank?
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
There is none and I leave my door closed cause it’s connected to my nephew’s room and he has a air conditioner which is currently off right now. But I close the door to trap the heat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If your room is dropping below 65 at nite you dont need to trap the heat at nite -- are you having a hard time keeping basking temps? If so what wattage is the bulb? And make sure your getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer or a infrared heat gun
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Temps are fine and they don’t go below 65 at night. And by trapping heat I mean make my room hotter to lower humidity but I’m guessing that doesn’t work. But I’m going to get a dehumidifier as soon as I get the money for emergencies. Just in case it gets too high.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is fine --- I was just suggesting things to try and save you money if you didnt need to spend it -- your call --
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I’m definitely getting one now cause this morning it was at 70. We’ve been having rain off and on past 3 days. Also do babies get stiff first thing in the morning? I was plugging it’s lights up and it was stiff and I almost thought it died but when I picked it up it started moving again. It’s fine now but I’m still kinda worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Stiff? No I dont think they are supposed to be stiff -- is he basking right away in the morning? Is his beard black? What are his basking temps and what is the temp in the tank at nite? Can you post pics of him ? https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box then click on the pic and it should post
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry it took so long to reply I’ve been busy but yea it seems like it was a one time thing cause it hasn’t happened again. And his basking temp stays in the 100 - 110 range. Sometimes it goes to 114 but that’s where I Readjust it and make it go back down. And this morning at 5:00 am it’s at 68 degrees. And don’t mind him not being on his log I just got done changing his paper towls so I just sat him back down. But I’m curious how do you get poop stains out of a log. I tried sanitizing and even water won’t work. I can’t wait to sex it cause till then I can’t give it a proper name. But I have narrowed it down to 3 names. Luna, Shenron, and If I like the Naruto character I also have Jiraiya in mind.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m having another problem I was feeding it crickets today and I was twirling it around in my fingers to simulate movement cause she’s sometimes picky with crickets and I accidentally hit her face with the cricket and must have tickled her but ever since then she is terrified of them and won’t eat them and even runs from them and I won’t get my roaches till the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom