Baby’s belly making weird noises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyRae24

Hi! I’m a new beardie owner, and my baby Benedict is as sweet as can be. He was pretty anxious at first and took a couple weeks to adjust, quit glass surfing, and let me hold him without going nuts, but now he’s used to cuddles and naps throughout the days and falling asleep on me when his lights go out at night! This isn’t a new occurrence, but when he sleeps in my hand, his stomach sometimes makes little noises. I’m not sure how to describe it, but it basically sounds like a person’s stomach when it randomly makes those weird gurgley noises. Sometimes there are little popping noises and I can fell his little tummy move. I figured he was swallowing or something, but recently I’ve realized that I can feel the vibrations from the noises in the abdominal area, about an inch from his tail. I’m not sure if this is normal. He eats about 20 crickets a day, along with a Fluker’s buffet blend, apples, carrots, and plenty of calcium powder. No mealworms at all. He gets bathed a couple times a week. I’m not sure on his age since I got him from PetSmart and now I’ve heard that they tend to sell them earlier than they’re supposed to. I’ve had him for a little over a month (I didn’t really know Petsmart’s reputation before getting him, oops). He has a 40 gallon tank and gets 12 hours of UV light and heat lamp a day with no night light. Just wondering if i should be worried at all. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know if its the stomach settling like ours or not maybe food starting to digest? Someone else will haft to weigh in on that one-- did you buy a "kit" from Petsmart- they often sell stuff in the kits that are not up to par for a dragon - you get lots of stuff that are not any good -- like colored bulbs the coil UVB's sand etc........... if you tell us what your using or show us we can correct that issue-- we dont want future issues w/ your dragon because you are using wrong lighting etc ...
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom