White solid coming out of nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniHowery15

108404-5021958519.jpg
does anyone know what this white mushroom shaped solid is coming out of my beardie’s nose? When we try to touch it he jerks his head back, so he definitely feels it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's shed. Oddly enough, they do shed the insides of their nostrils. As you could imagine, it's quite ticklish/sensitive :p

He will likely rub his face along things in his tank to help get them off when he is ready to :)

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Yup they shed the inside of their noses it's an adaptation for swimming or burrowing they have small flaps in their noses they can close to prevent anything entering like water or substrate. They also can pop they're eyes out to release shed or other debris or fly eggs even , you can take a beardie out the wild but you cannot take the wild out of a beardie . Offer some rocks they like abrasive or rough things to rub on during shed and it will help with keeping nails trimmed and filed down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom