Is my beardie okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee23

108402-1231961605.jpg
]Hello I’m new to this site and I’m a new beardie owner. 2 weeks ago or so my little sister gave me her beardie because she doesn’t have a job anymore (she’s 17) and so I took him in for her. He’s been doing great.

I don’t know how to add photos to this just yet so I’m sorry. I’m still trying to figure it out.

I can’t tell if he’s just getting fat or if he’s bloated or has something else wrong with him. He’s pooped 3 days in a row and he’s acting as he usually does. I may be a bit paranoid and always check on him to make sure he’s okay but I don’t want to mess up and make him sick or kill him. I’m annoying I know and I apologize for it.

108402-8706551334.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB are you using? Is it a tube fixture or a coil in a dome? He will go thru relocation stress so if he slows down on his eating that is normal - if he stops eating that is not good -- you can post pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Lee23

Original Poster
KarrieRee":355v6d2u said:
What kind of UVB are you using? Is it a tube fixture or a coil in a dome? He will go thru relocation stress so if he slows down on his eating that is normal - if he stops eating that is not good -- you can post pics https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

I attached picture so you can see what he looks like! Thanks for the help on that!

As for the uvb I will attach a photo below on what it looks like. I don’t know if he’s bloated/sick or gaining weight. He eats normally and when I put him on my bed he walks around normal and fast when he wants to get to the other side of the bed.

108402-6629367601.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I am going to recommend you getting rid of the coil UVB --- they are not up to par for giving correct UVB --- please replace w/ this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
These have been selling out as well --- I am guessing the pandemic has had alot to do w/ this -- the T 5 can sit on top of your tank --- approx 8-10 inches from basking spot-- you can also get a smaller fixture like a 20" and that would be a T 8 not as strong but just as good -- you want the Reptisun bulbs tho they are the best on the market at this time --- that one would need to go inside the tank approx 8-10 inches from basking decor --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom