Dang things can change. Before and after pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe Just how much a Beardie can grow in a little over a year.
View media item 60956View media item 60535 This was the day I got my wee lad Rocket, basking on his log. At a small 39 grams and 8" long.

View media item 60876View media item 60645 Then this was Today, a little over a year and a half later, chilling on his same log. The lad is less small at a nice 280 grams (last I weighed) and 20" long. It's insane just how much he's grown.

I'd love to see other's before and after photos!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Guess so! :)

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Wow! I showed my daughter, who "knows" what's going to happen in the upcoming year with Mario, and even she was impressed!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yup. The things that will most likely happen for you within the next year will be:

•Mario will get nice and big with the proper care and steal the hearts of everyone in your 8-bit family.
And;
•There's a HIGH chance you will soon get a Luigi now that you have been infected with the love of beardies. It's like potato chips, Ultimately you can't have just one. :lol:

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
HippieLizards":2gzo7dmh said:
•Mario will get nice and big with the proper care and steal the hearts of everyone in your 8-bit family.
Lol! That is most definitely the goal!
HippieLizards":2gzo7dmh said:
•There's a HIGH chance you will soon get a Luigi now that you have been infected with the love of beardies. It's like potato chips, Ultimately you can't have just one. :lol:
As for this, I hope not! :shock: We don't have the room for two 4x2x2 enclosures :( But after following along with everyone's adventures on this site, I can certainly see that happening!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-650523338.jpg

I just made this 1 year update pic. 6 months old, about 12 inches long, 186 grams. To 18 months, 16.5 inches, 386 grams.

Keeping a log peice of dragon furniture should be mandatory for growth updates

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
MariosDad":17qhdhrd said:
HippieLizards":17qhdhrd said:
Lol! That is most definitely the goal!
HippieLizards":17qhdhrd said:
As for this, I hope not! :shock: We don't have the room for two 4x2x2 enclosures :( But after following along with everyone's adventures on this site, I can certainly see that happening!
:lol: :lol: Just you wait and see, Eventually your daughter will come up to you telling you about some beardie ad that she's found and loves and sooner or later you'll be making room for yet another 4x2x2 tank. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
DorgEndo":3l4x1t3t said:
103228-650523338.jpg

I just made this 1 year update pic. 6 months old, about 12 inches long, 186 grams. To 18 months, 16.5 inches, 386 grams.

Keeping a log peice of dragon furniture should be mandatory for growth updates
Nice! And I definitely agree, Logs are great for really discovering how much they have grown. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aww, these are bittersweet. I always miss them as babies, and seeing those old pics always makes me miss their small phase lol.

I have a similar picture of Tombo, but on a rock. I agree, keeping the same furniture piece is fun for things like this :)

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
claudiusx":1ik1g83e said:
Aww, these are bittersweet. I always miss them as babies, and seeing those old pics always makes me miss their small phase lol.

I have a similar picture of Tombo, but on a rock. I agree, keeping the same furniture piece is fun for things like this :)

-Brandon
Yep, I saw some tiny dragons in the store yesterday and it really made me miss when Rocket was that small. The baby stages are so fun :love5:

MSMorgan

All,
Fantastic shots of all your before and after beardies. Yes, they change A LOT in just a year. Here's a before and after of Lannan. First shot is @ 6 weeks, 7" and ? grams in the bathroom sink 2nd shot is tonight @ 11mo., 21" and 420 grams. Geesh! :lol: It's hard to believe this is the same BD from August of last year. I'd try to take a pic of him in the bathroom sink, but...I don't think he's gonna fit.

105533-5303521729.jpg

105533-3638148927.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom