What's up with my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Ok hi! So this is like post 100 for me lol sorry! So I just paid for a whole new light setup which was not cheap to realize I don't think Ziggy's issue is the light I think he's dehydrated ( eye closed, kinda lethargic, wrinkly skin, etc) it all stemmed from his eye being closed then it led me to believe lighting was off but as I searched more and realized his saliva was kinda thick along with all the other stuff I stated I think its dehydration because I would assume if it was the light he would not want to be near it but believe me when I say this boy LOVES to bask and eat he also poops very consistently and well but is poop is a little runny so that leads me to believe he isn't dehydrated... This boy is throwing his mama for a loop that's for sure and I haven't even had him for a week and this is my first beardie!!? also Ive just realized he's been gaping a lot today I'm scared he has respiratory issues he's like been constantly gaping he's doing it right now as I type this I'm so scared

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I responded on your other thread. Did you change the lighting in your tank, from the one
that you already mentioned in your other thread?
What are you measuring the temperatures with, a temp gun or digital probe?
Since he is still adjusting to his new home, he may just be having some normal stress
as most of them do. Is his beard normal color or has it been a little darker than usual?
I realize that you have only had him for a week so give him a little bit of time to get used
to everything.

Tracie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":plfbx2l7 said:
Hello,

I responded on your other thread. Did you change the lighting in your tank, from the one
that you already mentioned in your other thread?
What are you measuring the temperatures with, a temp gun or digital probe?
Since he is still adjusting to his new home, he may just be having some normal stress
as most of them do. Is his beard normal color or has it been a little darker than usual?
I realize that you have only had him for a week so give him a little bit of time to get used
to everything.

Tracie
Hi I'm awaiting the arrival of my new lights. I use the zoo med digital w/probe. It changes sometimes it's a little darker and other times its normal. He's just lethargic while basking but when he eats or I take him out he's full of energy I'm just so scared somethings wrong with him also right now literally as I was typing this he was taking like a big gulp of air and his beard is puffed is that normal? I'm so scared and stressed he has respiratory issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom