Beardie's tail got caught in viv door!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I literally feel so awful I could cry but my beardies tail got caught in his viv door. He freaked out and I realised what had happened and pulled him straight out... he has a tiny little kind of wound I guess and his tail was about the shed so the top scales have come off leaving the bottom scales underneath. There was the tiniest tiniest amount of blood underneath the bottom scales that I washed away with water but I'm super worried. I plan to bath him tonight and soak it so it's clean and then use manuka honey while he's asleep so it doesn't get infected and I've ordered some Tamodine (arriving tomorrow)... he seems fine now, he was a bit upset initially but now seems normal. His tail isn't bleeding anymore but I'm just absolutely freaking out. People have said his tail might fall off or go black!? Can someone please just put my mind at ease ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry about this little accident ! It doesn't sound too bad so just a topical [ raw or Manuka honey or Neosporin ] is fine. Some wounds can cause a piece of tail to fall off but that's not always
the case, especially with small wounds. Can you post a few pics of it ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XimG to upload them

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That doesn't look bad at all, it should heal up pretty easily. Of course you can keep an eye on it like with anything but it looks O.K now. :)

Coconut2020

Original Poster
Thank you so much!! I was so worried because I'm usually very careful with him and he's super chilled do for him to make a fuss was scary... so glad you think he'll be okay. Will keep an eye on it and make sure to put some manuka honey on the protect from any infection... thank you!!!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I did something worse a few years ago - I was making jewelry with my cockatiel Kiwi walking around and just as I used wire cutters, she quickly waddled over and nibbled the blade as I was clamping it down. The very tip of her beak sliced off and I wanted to jump off of a cliff immediately! Luckily she’s pretty tough and even though she screamed for like 30 minutes, once I got the bleeding to stop it scabbed over and her beak regrew pretty quickly. If you ever feel bad about an accident you make, just know I accidentally snipped some of my bird’s beak off once!

Coconut2020

Original Poster
I mean... now I definitely don't feel so bad! Haha but I know you mean, you immediately feel like the worst mother in the world! Thank you x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom