My beardie isn’t active and barely eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so is the UVB correct placement? Lighting and basking temps play a huge role in the -- eating-- he may be dehydrated- they will not eat if they are dehydrated and w/ him not eating salads how is he getting water? Never mind! Which brings the UVB question again
Karrie

beardielover2319

Original Poster
108390-4941994064.jpg
108390-6951860636.jpg
AHBD":2cw65vjr said:
Hi there, many adult beardies go off their food now + then and begin eating on their ow after a while. Can you post pics of him to show his full body size and also of his tank + set up ? Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

I’m not sure if that worked? But there he is. I do not have a picture of his enclosure at the moment. He is in a 40 gallon at the moment due to his 75 being dropped and shattered. There’s reptile carpet in there which is i’ll be switched to paper towel as soon as the order comes in. I’m also building a 150 gallon as we speak! And yeah I thought maybe he’s just off food, but would that affect his energy, he’s just been laying around on the cold side but active out of the room.
108390-4941994064.jpg

108390-6951860636.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a good size and looks very healthy. :) Sometimes they are just bored for a while and they sulk or act lazy. Once he's out he's active, that happens with a lot of dragons. Once he's in a bigger tank he may become more active.

beardielover2319

Original Poster
AHBD":hsgzk449 said:
He's a good size and looks very healthy. :) Sometimes they are just bored for a while and they sulk or act lazy. Once he's out he's active, that happens with a lot of dragons. Once he's in a bigger tank he may become more active.

Here is the setup. If you look at the second pic that’s the snake tank and his. And there’s an example of how he sits most of the day. Sometimes he rests on the hammock though earlier in the day. And the hotspot is 113!
108390-5836301506.jpg
108390-6972274459.jpg
108390-6504598902.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Try lowering the temp. , adults really don't need or like it over 100 most of the time. What is the temp. on the cool side ? Right now he's most likely just being unmotivated and possibly too warm on his basking area.

beardielover2319

Original Poster
AHBD":2i4saynk said:
Try lowering the temp. , adults really don't need or like it over 100 most of the time. What is the temp. on the cool side ? Right now he's most likely just being unmotivated and possibly too warm on his basking area.

Oh wow I didn’t know that! I’ll try for sure!! And the cool side is around 82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom