Stuck shed or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daluha

I noticed a month ago that the end of Ripley's toe is darker than usual. It seems harder than the rest leading me to believe it's stuck shed but after bathing twice a week since I noticed and using a toothbrush to try and loosen the skin it isn't shifting.

What do you guys think, just stuck shed? And what else can I do to ease it off if it is?

BrmIEdc.jpg

OwXuvUn.jpg

jDZHhPy.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's some type of trauma or small injury, beardies can hurt their toes easily at times but nothing looks bad enough there to be worried. You can put either raw honey or Neosporin on it. If you use honey be 100 %% sure there are no loose insects in the tank, especially crickets so they don't try to snack on the toe. Is there a hammock in the tank ? Sometimes they can snag their toes on a hammock.

daluha

Original Poster
Hey, thanks for the reply. Ahh okay, that makes sense. I was worried the toe was starting to die or something. She does have a hammock so I'll take that out and I'll get some honey, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom