A bearded dragon from Santa Claus: They got so big!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: A bearded dragon from Santa Claus: They got so big!

Postby DragonPete » Sat May 23, 2020 7:15 am

opaquelace wrote:
DragonPete wrote:Lol! Petey got me yesterday. He didn't want to give my finger back! Petey! Let go! 😆
Accidental. He dropped his fruit I was feeding and snapped onto my finger trying to catch it. 😲
Didn't break the skin, surprisingly. 👍
-Dee

CandyCane is good about avoiding fingers. Wilbur just chomps down and keeps going until he gets to his bug or lettuce. We only use tongs with him now lol.

In other news, Wilbur seems to be on a hunger strike? He doesn’t have the appetite he usually has. He will eat a few bugs throughout the day, and almost finished his salad today, but seemed to only want the salad on the cool side of the enclosure? I gave him some fresh greens and he came right to them this evening too. Yesterday was the same, but not as much salad. Any ideas on what’s going on? He’s not lethargic, but I’m wondering if their appetites are starting to slow down as they aren’t pooping as often now either. Every other day it seems.

That's odd. 🤔 Petey's appetite hasn't been as good last couple days, he also went a couple days without a poo. Both are rare for him. Today he seems back to normal. He spent all day, day before yesterday, under his hammock and didn't eat. Acted like he might want to 'nap' but we went thru the brumation thing a few months ago. Yesterday I took him out from under, put him in his basking spot and he ate after he warmed up good. Then poo'd this morning. No clue. Talked with someone whose Dragon was also off her food for the same couple days. Time of year? Barometric pressure? Storms for days. Wonder if the weather plays any part in it.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby KarrieRee » Sat May 23, 2020 7:28 am

I am thinking as well blaze doing same-- spent a day and a half in his hide- didn't eat much pooped yesterday but I had to pull him out could be weather- he's basking this morning and eating but not like normal
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby DragonPete » Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 am

KarrieRee wrote:I am thinking as well blaze doing same-- spent a day and a half in his hide- didn't eat much pooped yesterday but I had to pull him out could be weather- he's basking this morning and eating but not like normal
Karrie

That's interesting. 🤔 It's rained all week here in NC and had a few bad storms. Petey's active today, first sunshine we've seen in a week. 👍 I reset his lights timer. Thought it might need to be a little closer to nature. We lost power night before last so had to reset anyway. 😞 He's been on 7am/7pm. Now it's 6am/8pm. Longer summer days coming quickly.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby opaquelace » Sat May 23, 2020 7:20 pm

How funny all the beardies being grumpy. I think a lot of his appetite reduction was due to a good beard shed that he finally got off yesterday. He ate a good bit of bugs and greens this am, but I am noticing a tapering off of appetite in general. They still eat well just not like growing pigs like they had been lol.
opaquelace
Hatchling Poster

Postby opaquelace » Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 am

I finally got around to putting up their bridges. They both seem to like them a lot so far. Didn't mind me being in their enclosures much either, moving stuff around. The tents are on their way too so those won't be far behind!

opaquelace
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby WinFam01 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:32 am

I've looked at those bridges! Can't tell by the pic, how do you have them attached?
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby opaquelace » Mon May 25, 2020 6:26 pm

WinFam01 wrote:I've looked at those bridges! Can't tell by the pic, how do you have them attached?

I have a half log that they used to be able to hide in standing upright and screwed into the back wall, then a screw at the top of the log to loop the cord around. On the side wall there are three screws, one for the cord loop and two more to keep it from swaying too much. Before I had the other two screws it had swayed a little too much and tilted and Wilbur slid off lol. Mine are from Etsy reptilesofeden I think. Really nicely made and they have different lengths and widths. I ordered the 6 inch wide 20 inch long ones.
opaquelace
Hatchling Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:16 am

Ahh, the advantage of non glass tanks. Mine would have to be command hooks I suppose.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby opaquelace » Tue May 26, 2020 8:20 am

WinFam01 wrote:Ahh, the advantage of non glass tanks. Mine would have to be command hooks I suppose.

They actually came with suction cups to attach them to glass tanks! I just couldn't use them :D
opaquelace
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales