One eye closing when basking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hi so I'm new to beardies and I have a 7 month old named ziggy and I'm so in love with him I freak out constantly that things will go wrong so believe me when I say I LOVE this forum?! I had a question about his lighting though. I use a 100watt MVB from evergreen pets I've heard it's one of the best MVB bulbs our there, his tank is a 50 gallon and Temps seem to be great! He loves to bask all day pretty much but I've noticed the eyes closest to the lamp is pretty much always closed and sometimes it's both. Is something wrong with my light setup because I know it can turn deadly fast so any suggestions are very appreciated. I was thinking about switching setups like the traditional bearded dragon setup with multiple bulbs is that a better alternative? Thanks much love Maddy and Ziggy♥️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Never heard of the brand Evergreen MVB some others on here would haft to comment on the bulb- I am not a fan of all in ones and more of the traditional bulb user w/ the long tube fixture and separate basking bulb- often too it is recommended on here to buy another UVB so that the dragon is getting adequate UVB - at times you haft to raise the MVB to get the temp right and then you lose the UVB rays----- it is very common for them to bask w/ their eyes closed sometimes one sometimes both -- it is up to you if you want to change out the lighting --- I know that ReptiGlo MVB are not recommended -- and the Reptisun tubes are still the best on the market
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom