ONLY EATING HAND-FED VEGGIES/ FRUIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizzly

My bearded dragon (Enigma) only will eat veggies/ fruit when hand fed. I try to put them in her dish and even guide her to them, but she wont touch it unless I hand feed her, OR out the tongs in the dish and move them around. Is there any way I could get her to eat them from the dish? I've tried multiple time to let it sit, but the vegetables/ fruit will just dry up and i have to throw them away! :( Any suggestions are appreciated i'm willing to try new ideas!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can try adding BSFL or worms to the salad and the movement will entice her to the bowl --
Karrie

GriZZle

Do you feed your BD in his tank or do you feed him in a separate area? If you feed him in his tank I recommend that you find a shoebox sized Tupperware to feed him in (this reduces in tank clean up as well) and consistently on feed him in there. He will hopefully build the association and realize that things put in there are food. My BD didn’t go for the worms trick but I know many people who used words and go it to work.

You can also try pushing around the veggies and not holding them. The movement should entice him enough. Over time he will start to eat whatever smells like food. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom