Stomach tumor... GNT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That second pic with her legs stretching out behind her while jammed tight in her rock/cave is hilarious !

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
She's definitely an oddball !!

Small update:

Generally shes been doing well, except for last night where she vomited a little again (light brown spots but mostly water). Admittedly I got too confident and was lying on the couch with her with a blanket and i had slightly dozed off (I was extremely tired from work), she was lying flat. This was after feed. She didn't seem nauseous at the time, but after i put her away she threw up a little after.

I'm guessing being totally flat after a feed/meds made her a bit sick. When i hold her upright after feeds and meds for a bit she copes much better. She doesnt bring a lot up though, just a small amount. I know the meds make her feel a bit sick but she's gradually doing better day by day it seems. I just need to stay persistent with my care for her and not rush her :) her colors look good! But her tail looks bonier than I have ever seen it. It's gotten better since a few days ago but still bony. She used to be very overweight so this seems really abstraxt to me!

Her usual vet is in tomorrow, i will do an over the phone update with them then !

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
IizHyTl.jpg

Photo of her being cute this morning ! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks very happy indeed! Has she been pretty active also, or just relaxing?
I am so glad that she is improving so much, that is terrific.

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
@ ahbd Wasn't a black beard, just a patch of stubborn shed on her beard- its a little bit waxy and stiff.. but i think its may be from food/meds that previously stuck..? I've been trying to dab warm water on it daily to see if I can loosen it :)

@tracie she shows a little bit of activity in the morning but is mostly lazy. Each day though she seems to be showing signs of doing more! She previously would just accept food/meds but now she's gotten a bit more stubborn and will move a lot to dodge them and to wipe them off all over me ! Cheeky !

Vet is very happy with her progress and has given approval to try solids. She said i can offer 1-2 of her favorite insects and see if she tolerates, I'll try this weekend !

Mack92011

I just came to check in and saw those photos!

I can't get over the one of Taro lying, not on, but THROUGH her rock. That one gave me a good chuckle. :)

You are still in my thoughts and I hope things continue to progress positively. I hope she enjoys and does well with the solid foods!

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
That was a funny time, i came home from work to find her in that state haha

Update from this weekend;
She's been struggling a bit since Friday. She's not held much down and I'm really worried shes malnourished and dehydrated. I gave her two super worms and she vomited them up the next morning. She also vomited the feed from today. Her eyes look sunken and her fat pads are noticeably more dented. I'm worried.

I've told the vet over the phone ob Sat (not her usual one but another that was on) and we weighed her. Her weight is stable, but she is not really keeping things down. She seems a bit weak now as well. I'm hoping its just a bad spell but im very worried. :( vet did not want to change the meds, and acknowledges how harsh they are but given the pathology report she too feels the treatment is necessary. I'm praying she manages to keep tonight meds and food down.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh boy, sorry to hear that. Maybe the superworms which were her first solid meal made her extra sick. I'd go back to slurry right now and hope that she gets back to how she was the other day. In a few days if the vomiting continues I'd take her off the meds.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
She looks terrible this morning. She vomited last night one time, looked to be most of the feed. She looked like she was also straining to poo this morning. She almost looks as if she's dying.

lfTwJ5L.jpg

eKfq5jC.jpg

I dont know what i can do to help her :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor babe, try just plain water with a very small amount of raw honey. Only unpasteurized, and heat the water VERY slightly so the honey is more liquefied. If you don't have raw honey then just use plain water.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, poor girl. I am sorry she is having some trouble, I hate hearing that. She has been
doing so well lately too. So the vet wants to keep her on all of the medications? Do you feel
they are too harsh on her?
Just continue to keep her warm overnight to help boost her immune system. You are still giving
probiotics for her, right, to help settle her tummy?
Keep us posted on her, bless her.

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Hello, thank you Tracie and ahbd for all your help and advice.

I'm deeply sad to bring the news that my precious girl Taro has passed away. I found her body warm but stiff hiding under the paper towel in the warm end when i returned from work. She looked as if she crawled there to have a sleep and she just didn't wake up. It only seemed to just have happened shortly before i got home. I am in shambles right now.

I knew she was off this morning badly. I gave her what I could, then when i saw her struggling to pass poo I knew we were likely facing the inevitable.

I kissed her on her head and cuddled her this morning before i went to work, and i had whispered to her "you did so good baby, it's okay if you want to stop. Its okay. You did amazing. I've asked too much and I'm so sorry for putting you through all of this."

She looked peacefully at rest when i came home. Her beard was a little black but not completely. I'm glad I allowed her to decide her time. I gave her everything I could, but she decided it was enough.

I had booked her for more fluid therapy tomorrow morning and they were going to look into why she was deteriorating. It happened very quickly. She seemed impacted/constipated, i think something inside just went wrong at some point and she became backed up.

I sponged her off this evening a bit and wrapped her in one of her tea towels before putting her back in the enclosure. I will have her cremated tomorrow..

Im so devastated. I'm so sorry everyone that I'm coming here with this news. It's been a long and tough journey but its finally over.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm saddened to read this =(. I'm glad you were able to give her such good care and every chance at survival.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so so sorry. :( You did everything you possibly could, and please don't apologize for coming with this sad news. You were a very loving + caring owner and you deserve empathy + sympathy at this very sad + tragic time. She suffered a little but not much but your suffering is the sharp pain you feel at losing your dearly loved girl. My heart goes out to you, I'm thinking of you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom