Help please - mystery illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What's his name ? Yes, hydration is really important. Be sure to mix the cherry juice with water. BTW, can you post a full body pic of him to show his size + body condition ? At 14.5 " his weight seems a little high. It's good that he's still active despite the swelling. :) And if you can, get a picture with his tail arched up like this just to be sure about the gender.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Vicky90772

Original Poster
108298-8155052503.jpg
108298-9704933832.jpg

Pictures of him attached. Will try and get photos of his tail once I finish work this evening. He is missing the end tip of his tail due to having it bitten off by another beardie at the pet shop when he was a baby So think he should be a little longer :(

His name is Spike :D

Very happy he is still active, after his juice (mixed well with water) he was running around everywhere so don’t think he’s in any pain.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ah, look at good boy Spike lounging there. :) His size is O.K, I wondered if he had a piece of tail missing , some babies do get them bitten off by siblings and so he would actually be closer to 16" otherwise.

Vicky90772

Original Poster
108298-2841041247.jpg

Haha, that’s his favourite spot ? photo attached of his butt, sorry it’s not very clear but he was very wriggly this evening.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks like a boy, although arching the tail up high always gives a better view. :) But I can see the hemipene bulges from this pic.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is definitely a male! LOL :D
He looks very handsome & has great colors, too. How is he doing today?
I'm glad to hear he is active right now, I hope that he continues to improve now. Is he
taking the meds like a good boy?

Tracie

Vicky90772

Original Poster
Haha phew! Was getting worried we had a Spikette on our hands :D

He seems fine again today, had a bath last night and was splashing about. Had more of his cherry juice and his medicine and ate fine :)

He wasn’t happy taking his medicine but he did have it all!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
I am happy his swelling seems to be going down finally. He doesn't like his meds
at all? Does he like the cherry juice extract at least?
I hope he continues to get better. Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Vicky90772

Original Poster
Hi!

Swelling does seem to have gone down a bit he’s also super active now, running around etc and he’s drinking lots on is his own accord which he hasn’t done before ?

Thanks for all your help, going to keep you all updated as he hopefully improves! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Victoria!

I am so happy that his swelling is going down & that he is active & doing better! I hope
that he continues to improve, too & stay able to run around.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Vicky90772

Original Poster
Hello,

Swelling on the back legs has gone down massively, front arms still swollen. He’s still active and running about/splashing in his bath.

However his medicine seems to be giving him a bit of a bad belly. He has had a bit of Diarrhea and not fancying his food at all for the last day or so :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom