Sick Bearded Dragon Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack12321

My bearded dragon, Liam has recently started swelling on the lower part of its beard, it is also bobbing its head ever so slightly almost all the time, what can I do to help him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Liam is a good name (my name too :D ). Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. If you can provide some details about his diet and his enclosure & lighting it may be helpful too.

Jack12321

Original Poster
I really appreciate your help! This is Liam, Liam.
108359-9718212452.jpg
108359-9573316196.jpg
108359-9560908223.jpg
108359-2208395941.jpg
With him, you will notice his brother Larry, Liam is the red one. As of recently I have been feeding them Dubia roaches and some dried bugs for veggies I feed Collard Greens, carrots, bell peppers and thawed frozen peas aswell as the occasional basil and parsley snack.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They look nice and healthy. Your setup looks great. I love the driftwood pieces. As they get bigger they might need their own space so they can have their own basking spots. As far as the beard goes it just looks a bit saggy like the skin is looser which is common as dragons age. Can you feel any food or liquid being stored in it? If so, then keep a close eye on that and make sure it is eventually swallowed (within hours hopefully). Their diet sounds good and varied. You might try some zucchini and yellow squash too as it comes into season. I've had really good luck including that in adult diets as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I like that set up, too. Nice natural wood to climb on along with stones to trim the nails. How old are Liam + Larry , and are you positive about Liam's gender ? What type of supplements do you use on their food and how often ? And yeah, they will be best off if you separate them.

Dolly61

Is Liam's eye effected?. My beardie had that and it ended up that an anti inflammatory was given. When i opened her mouth you could see string-like mucus on each side of the throat. Almost like a sinus infection.
She lived 9 yrs. I only fed her mustard greens dusted with calcium and superworms. Every once in a while hornworms. I would add liquid calcium in her water bowl also. I tried other vegetables, some fruit and other greens that i learned not to use any more. Their restricted diet is imperative!!! In the wild they do not travel much so they eat the same food constantly.
Its hard to tell from the pic if his eye is infected. If it is, try warm compresses also. This worked for me too. Otherwise, i would suggest looking to see if a roach is caught in his throat. Try massaging downward. The vet told me food caught in throat is common. Especially with roaches and crickets. Thats why i used worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom