My Bearded Dragons Morph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!!!
It's me and Kayda again!!
Ik I ask alot of questions and it's only day 9, but I really wanna know, What's her morph? Is still dunno her gender so I'm gonna call her a girl cause that's what I'm hoping for, lol. So I got Kayda at a local Petsmart, Her tank label read, "Fancy Bearded Dragon" So later on I was watching YouTube and saw, Bearded dragon morphs, I clicked on it and learned that just like snakes they can have morphs, (I is noob) So I also heard that in pet stores Hypo beardies are labeled as fancy, So I was thinking woah she has a morph!! So this guy (can't remember who) went over this to check each morph, I checked her nails they were clear, I overall thought she was just a hypo, But after her recent shed, I'm doubting it. I believe she is normal because if she is basking she is light in color or when I'm holding her she is light colored, but any other time she is dark. I also think she might have two morphs but then again What do I know? Just a noob in Minecraft asking a pro for Diamonds... (Sorry imma gamer) Any advice would be helpful I love this sight!! On it everyday looking at posts!! I'll post some pics of her back and overall look .... Maybe I can solve this puzzle with some help ..... Lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your little cutie Kayda is a normal/standard beardie. :) If she has totally clear nails she would be a hypo. [ look closely to see if there is a tiny grey line running through ]

ArcticWolf3049

Original Poster
I looked at at one point they were clear but I checked again and they were dark so normal it is!!! Thanks for clearing things up

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! You'll enjoy watching Kayda grow and see the changes. With some beardies the color + pattern don't change too much , other ones change quite a bit.

ArcticWolf3049

Original Poster
Can't wait!!!
I wanna see her grow super big!!! I really do wanna see her pattern as an adult though!! Probably looks awesome!! Wonder did she will get lighter or darker? Only time will tell!! Cannot wait (literally, I'm jumping up and down)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ArcticWolf3049":3a84hhqi said:
Can't wait!!!
I wanna see her grow super big!!! I really do wanna see her pattern as an adult though!! Probably looks awesome!! Wonder did she will get lighter or darker? Only time will tell!! Cannot wait (literally, I'm jumping up and down)

And then you will miss her being a baby! Trust me haha! That's why I have 5... :oops:

-Brandon

ArcticWolf3049

Original Poster
Oh geese,
I guess I'll have to adjust my baby bearded dragon memes into huge ones, Ik she gonna get big soon, But I doubt I can get 5!!! Do you even know how much allowance I used on day one?!? 300$ and my bank account is still draining!!! Tommorow have to walk down to Tom's Tropicals for more crickets!!! Little bugger she ate 7 in one sitting!!!! She had one left for today and unfortunately I couldn't get some time to walk down there, So she had a cricket and a salad...... My bad though (SORRY KAYDA) She still loves me tho cause I watched Netflix with her and she didn't pause the show as her usual.... I guess I will miss her baby form.... Good bye baby beardie memes.......

WinFam01

Juvie Member
We got ours as a 'fancy' also, and she's pretty standard. Apparently if they have anything that looks a little diff than a 'poster' standard they get labeled fancy. Ours has just a bit of orange here and there.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
I can confirm with petsmart being labeled fancy is either hypo or possibly some more colorful markings than the rest (she does appear to have some orange tones in that pattern). Technically its supposed to be a hypo but sadly beardies doesn't seem to be something chain stores get adequate training on to properly identify. I know at my local petsmart the employees go out of their way to learn themselves, but they are into reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom