Tea tree oil accident! Please help! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaella17

Hi everyone,

We have had a horrible situation today!

My beardie has had a small black lump spot under his neck and it looked like it was rotting with the scales coming off.

We decided to clean it today with alcohol and tea tree oil and his neck turned black and got worse! :(

We gave him a cold bath to soothe and remove the tea tree oil and used a soft toothbrush to try and get it off :(

He seems to be doing okay but it's still a bit black.

After looking up ways we can fix the issue, we saw how dangerous it is. :( I feel so terrible and irresponsible.

Does anyone know what I can do? :( would appreciate any advice that will help him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry that happened to your boy! Did you use it full strength then, or did you dilute it
any at all?
It can be used, but, it does need to be diluted to be less stringent. Another option would
be to use a diluted betadine solution instead if you need a solution for cleaning a wound.
It most likely stung which caused him to have a black beard. Just give him time to have
the area feel better & his beard should go back to normal. I would not use straight alcohol,
though, just diluted betadine, antibiotic ointments, or raw, unpasteurized honey, on a wound.

Tracie

VirginiaWH

Hey, how is your dragon now? I hope that he is better now. I feel very sorry for what happened and believe me you are not to blame here. You know recently we updated our garden with new thujas. I have a friend who found the thuja green giant for sale and shared this news with us. Of course, we ordered some too. Our garden is gorgeous. We wanted to show it to our little dragon too. I don't know how but we couldn't find him for a while. I thought that we have lost him, but after some hours my husband found it under one thuja, incredible no?! So I love my new garden but I'd rather have kept my dragon in the house than to pass through this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom