Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duity1234

Hi there!
I just got a new beardie about four days ago, and i need some help.

He is 2 1/2 years old and his previous owners took very good care of him. Now that he is relocated I understand that he is stressed, as he hasn’t been eating or basking, and he sleeps alot and hides himself from me. For the past two days i’ve tried to hold him for short periods of time, but then he gets stressmarks so i just put him back.

I just want to make sure that this is normal, and I really want him to eat and bask as it worries me that he doesn’t. Anyone who can tell me if this is normal or not? Many thanks <3

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Congrats on your new buddy----------------- lets go over the tank husbandry lots of times people get dragons from previous and the husbandry is off ---- so tell me what size tank --- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate--- and really important the UVB-- is it a coil or tube and where in the tank is it if its a tube we can start there --
It is common for them to not eat as much in the first few days maybe a week but he should be eating something -- hiding is not good cuz then hes not basking - we want him basking --
Karrie

Duity1234

Original Poster
My tank is exactly 40 gallons, the basking temperature is 36 degrees Celsius and I’m not sure what kind of thermostat I have, it is not connected to anything i can move it around freely in the tank to measure the temperature in the different spots. I have a tube UVB light which recently got changed. It is placed in the middle of the tank roof. When I bought the Beardie from the previous owner, everything seemed fine, he was calm and basked as he should.
Please tell me if anything i mentioned above should be done differently.

Now he seems to almost hide whenever i walk past the tank, he seems scared and won’t move anywhere when I’m in the room. I don’t know what to do, if I’m doing anything wrong, and how to make him comfortable around me or even in his tank.

Thank you so much for your respond.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of your tank so I can see what is going on there ---- the 96 degree temp is ok but it needs to be accurate --- the temp thing you can move around does it have a probe end? Is it a digital that sits in the tank freely? UVB brand and bulb--- look on the bulb itself it will tell you ---
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom