Carbonated Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I've been wanting my beardie to drink more since I feel that she might be a little dehydrated, I mist her a lot but I still don't know. Recently I put a bowl of bottled water in her inclosure but she payed no mind. About 5 minutes ago I refilled it and she ran over and drank when there was bubbles but when the bubbles went away she stopped drinking. I think her drinking meant she was dehydrated so I'm wondering if I could use diluted sparkling water as a good drink, so its constantly bubbling but has no sugar or anything. We have some lacroix that nobodies drinking so I thought 2 parts normal bottled water to 1 part lacroix so its bubbly but not too carbonated for her. I have not given her this water yet since I wanted to see if it would be harmful. Any ideas? Thanks! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A little may not be harmful (as long as it's just CO2 and not salty or flavored) but I probably would stick to plain tap water for the most part if she is drinking a lot. My guess is that she liked the movement of the bubbles. They don't tend to like/trust still water by instinct. If you flick at the water to create movement it may grab her attention. If that doesn't work, perhaps a small air pump to make some bubbles in the water dish would do.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
While I admittedly don't have any scientific example specific to this I would shy away from carbonation. Humans who get to much carbonation have ways to shall we say expel the excess so to speak. Without knowing how a dragon would be able to handle it for me means safer to avoid it. Building on the previous reply idea I would grab a small aquarium air pump that is adjustable with an air stone on the end of the tube. this will agitate the water with bubbles of just air giving the same look but less chance of an adverse reaction.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Another tip that usually works is to set a plastic lid or bowl in front of her and use a spray bottle to spray it in the bowl. This almost always works and once your dragon is hydrated it seems that once every 7-10 days is about average [ for mine ] to drink from the spray bottle. Mine will drink with or without the bowl, directly from the spray on their snout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom