Help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is Luna and I have 3 baby bearded dragons named SirHer, Mancy and Iggy... they are healthy but recently my husband and daughter took SirHer out of the tank and put her on the sofa... she climbed to the top and then jumped off... when they saw her on the floor they noticed that her arm seemed to be broken.. the vet said they can't do anything because she is so small

She tends to climb and jump off of whatever she goes on, though we dont take her out often.... the last jump she did seemed to have broken her jaw (I think) her mouth is always open and cannot eat properly but tries... I have to hand feed her... I dont know what to do at this point...

Please help with this situation without judgements I am trying my best to care for her

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Could you post a picture of sirher and the arm? Is she seeming to not want to put any weight on the arm? How is she acting?

And she also has a broken jaw from another fall?

How old is she?
What UVB bulb are you using for her and what does her daily diet look like?

-Brandon

Draven88

Hatchling Member
I as well have one that does like to dive around like a daredevil. I'm not sure what your setup is like but if it is possible for you to move to basking and uvb at proper temp/distance respectively without anything to climb on for a while it may be for the best to prevent further injury or worsening the current problems. Please post some pictures of the setup and I'm sure there will be other suggestions.

Also how often are you dusting with calcium and vitamins? Any deficiency in calcium could possibly be making it more likely to injure herself.

Luna777Star

Original Poster
I use ZooMed lighting (75wtts)
She is almost 1 years old
She eats kale, bananas, bell peppers, strawberries, grapes, turnips greens, wax worms and sometimes meal worms.
She is able to walk on her arm with no problem and even wave it.
She is able to eat I just have to hand feed her.
I sometimes use a he calcium supplement powder.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She does not look well- she looks dehydrated and horribly thin for a 1 year old- she should be getting calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week- the most important thing in the tank is lighting-- no coil UVB's basking temps 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer No stickons- and she should be in a separate tank all of them - no housing together
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the beardie doesn't have a uvb bulb if you just have a 75 watt bulb. Can you post pics of the set up , including the lights. From the pic I can tell she has metabolic bone disease [ MBD ] so she was more prone to breaking bones. She needs a good long tube uvb bulb ASAP and a good schedule of calcium supplementation. But post pics of the set up for now to see what might need adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom