Questions for IMMAJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Aww hon, hang in there. My Petey was gone for a week once then popped up in the middle of the living room (lounge) floor. Don't give up, keep looking everywhere.
We're all thinking of you and hoping you find her soon.
I've heard setting up a light on the floor where she can get to it, with food, will bring them out sometimes.
Keep us posted please. ?
-Dee

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don’t know what else to I’ve looked everywhere amongst clothes and under fridge etc, I’ve left a set a lights on the ground with a blanket for 4 days and still nothing, I’m really afraid she gone but she will never be forgotten so I will always love and miss you IMMAJI :( :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry bud, I hope she still turns up for you. Things have a way of working out, just believe it.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":279s4wgl said:
I don’t know what else to I’ve looked everywhere amongst clothes and under fridge etc, I’ve left a set a lights on the ground with a blanket for 4 days and still nothing, I’m really afraid she gone but she will never be forgotten so I will always love and miss you IMMAJI :( :(

You'll be surprised were little lizards can get to inside the house .
I most years have wild water skinks and more lately wild geckos in who move into my house .

I've seen them poking their noses out from gap under my bath , turning up in the gap between my lounges' modular seats , inside my NBN modem ( where using the slots where cambles go , under my Engal car fridge / freezer ( er minibar fridge ) under the washing machine, under / behind the display stands and cabinets in the dining room and lounge , under the beds ( on the bed , even between the pillows ) , in the grandson's toyboxes , on top the curtains, ontop the armrests and headrests for the lounge , even disappearing through the little gap between the kitchen cabinets' kickboards and the skurting boards ( scaring the s&it out of the mice who promptly moved out ).

Very likely if the little dragon is still inside , Immaji will be curled up and asleep somewhere cozy and warm , and might not come out until really hungry , might take a few weeks to show up .
If immaji somehow got outside , the cold snap that's coming might encourage a return unless immaji found a sheltered and cozy spot under the house or under the plants , might be ok if you don't get an extended period and subzero temperatures and then show up in the next warm sunny period on the driveway or path or steps to bask .

I don't recall where you live, ( SW WESTERN AUSTRALIA ? ).

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1u6lkbod said:
Has Immaji turned up for you? I'm thinking of you guys and hoping she is OK.

no sorry Liam, she hasn’t come home, I looked everywhere; I left blanket on ground with food and light for 4 days and nothing, I even tried setting up different food stations but didn’t eat it I think the geckos got to them as we have a lot of common house geckos on the roof at night, I’ve checked windowsills, clothes, dark spaces and can’t find her, so I’m guessing she got out the window, I guess I taught her and handle her so much she decide to do that and now I kinda hate myself but now I understand they each got own personalities and shouldn’t handle them much young (in which I don’t get because Jimmia never did this to me and immaji seemed more alert and wanted to climb into the leaves I had around the tank)!

and I know it’s sad but good but maybe next month if things go well my friend from up north has a beardie and there beardie had babies so hopefully by July I should have a new one and I got named picked out already haha I will call it “ MIAMI-J “ so I still use jimmia as immaji is same letters that I will use and continue Mia and jim haha :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad. If she did get out the window, at least she is in an environment she can survive in. She may not have gone too far and may return to your house at some point. Keep an eye out for her.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Also make sure if you have neighbors nearby, to let them know so they can keep an eye out also. I think I remember reading a thread where someone's neighbor found theirs after 2 months.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
We will still be hoping that she finds her way home. ❤
Who knows? You could end up with 2 Beardies.
Hugs! ?
-Dee

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Will likely show up in September basking on a warmed bit if driveway or path , or on top a fence post ( pretending she's a bit of the wooden post while basking and warming up , and looking for food or other dragons ) .
Providing none of the local dogs or cats have found her ( if she's found her way outside ) , or a local kid didn't spot her and take her home.

I'd be regarding it as encouraging that you're not starting smell something that smells like it's died under the house of behind or under some heavy piece of whitegoods or furniture , or found her corpse in the garden . So odds are she's still alive only hunkering down somewhere that's cozy and dry and safe and likely in brumation now it's getting into winter. ( Rearly colder than 10 degC overnight in winter in Perth ) , and you still get warm spells in winter in Perth too ( I've been there on business in July and with was 30 degC for the a few of the days when I was there ).

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":24ewbsoo said:
Batten down all your hatches JIMMA , you're going to be clobbered over the next 2 to 3 days by mega storm ( winter tropical cyclone ) , everyone in the SW of WA is going to know they've been clobbered .
The dangerous weather warning is current for the entire SW of WA from Onslo to Esperance.
Weather Situation:
A tropical system is combining with a cold front and trough to produce a vigorous weather system that will affect the length of the west coast during Sunday and Monday. A deep low pressure system is expected to pass near the South West of the state Sunday night, with the possibility of other lows forming along the trough as it impacts western parts of WA during Sunday. Widespread severe weather is expected from Sunday morning.

This is a rare event for WA particularly due to the extent of the area affected and the possibility of multiple areas of dangerous weather.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/huge-storm-on-the-way-for-wa/vi-BB14uuyb?ocid=spartandhp

We've had cyclonic weather here in NSW too : https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/five-metre-waves-lash-the-coast-of-nsw/vi-BB14uiHK?ocid=spartandhp

I don’t live in Western Australia, I live near Sunshine Coast Queensland

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":hxyc2dfc said:
kingofnobbys":hxyc2dfc said:
Batten down all your hatches JIMMA , you're going to be clobbered over the next 2 to 3 days by mega storm ( winter tropical cyclone ) , everyone in the SW of WA is going to know they've been clobbered .
The dangerous weather warning is current for the entire SW of WA from Onslo to Esperance.
Weather Situation:
A tropical system is combining with a cold front and trough to produce a vigorous weather system that will affect the length of the west coast during Sunday and Monday. A deep low pressure system is expected to pass near the South West of the state Sunday night, with the possibility of other lows forming along the trough as it impacts western parts of WA during Sunday. Widespread severe weather is expected from Sunday morning.

This is a rare event for WA particularly due to the extent of the area affected and the possibility of multiple areas of dangerous weather.

* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/huge-storm-on-the-way-for-wa/vi-BB14uuyb?ocid=spartandhp

We've had cyclonic weather here in NSW too : https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/five-metre-waves-lash-the-coast-of-nsw/vi-BB14uiHK?ocid=spartandhp

My bad.

In that case it's still warm enough for her to still be active there ( at least til you cop the Antarctic blast we're getting right now in NE NSW.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":24y8fze3 said:
JIMMIA":24y8fze3 said:
kingofnobbys":24y8fze3 said:
Weather Situation:

My bad.

In that case it's still warm enough for her to still be active there ( at least til you cop the Antarctic blast we're getting right now in NE NSW.

It’s honestly not that cold, we don’t get snow here and it’s about 22 to 25 degrees :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":31jz42de said:
kingofnobbys":31jz42de said:
JIMMIA":31jz42de said:
kingofnobbys":31jz42de said:
Weather Situation:

My bad.

It’s honestly not that cold, we don’t get snow here and it’s about 22 to 25 degrees :)

I know, I have family that live about 100km inland from the sunshine coast , snow is unheard off ( like at my location ) but they do get frosts overnight in winter sometimes . If you are within 30km of the coast , you'll not get frosts on the Sunshine Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom