Lunatic "Luna" the beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
107375-409512823.jpg
Bioactive substrate , enclosure is made by Carolina custom cages . I have 4 lights the T5 HO Fixture for my arcadia 12% uvb tube I have a MegaRay basking bulb and also the Jungle dawn led bar . At night I run a Ceramic heat emitter I also have a water fall in the viv as they dont recognize standing water and dont give me bs about my humidity as its never out of the range of 30-40% even after the monthly spray down for plants the Clean up crew etc . Lunatic "Luna" for short is 19 inches long at 376 grams and 6 months old on a staple of dubia roaches and a plethora of greens veggies and fruits she is a vegetable composter. Clean up crew consist of Isopods multiple different kinds two being orange powder and blue powder isopods, Springtails , dubia roaches, earth worms and darkling beetles and buffalo beetles . Leaf litter I have is Magnolia leaves and oak leaves maple leaves and some bay and ficus leaves. My substrate is a mix of top soil , sand , coconut fiber , sphagnum and pete moss , firbark and some horticultural charcoal NOT GRILL CHAROCOAL . Few pieces of corkbark and I also have some mineral rocks that are good for the system such as TigerEye , jasper stone and a few others The only imitation wood is the big orange tree stump is from petsmart and is topfin brand which is a petsmart exclsuive, All the other wood inside is real which includes corkbark, mopani wood, malaysian driftwood , sand blasted grapevine and some cholla wood and last but not least I also have biodude bioshot which consist of good aerobic bacteria and mycorziheal fungi to help plants and to not let mold or bad bacteria grow and my plants are Two dracaena and one aloe vera plant , 3 hen's and chicks and one crassula and I did recently have basil in there which is still in on the pic her viv size is 48 x 18x18 which in upgrading to a 72x24x24 soon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Does anyone in here use the jungle dawn led light made by arcadia? I use it as it emits other spectrums of sunlight such as Pur, par , and cri which uvb is just one of the many Ray's of sunlight. This led bar is new technology with the most close to natural looking sunlight it isnt a standard in reptile keeping yet but maybe in the future it will be held to be a standard in the keeping. They say it activates their third eye which is their pineal gland the same as what they use to sense when a predator is above them, The jungle dawn led bar makes your beardie much more active and improves cognitive function such as feeding responses and other things like interacting with the light which they do do as without UVA they cannot see color which most basking bulbs do emit UVA it defitentlty "activates the "third eye" as I seen the diffrence first hand since getting this light fixture ofcourse I have the t5 ho uvb my fixture for my t5 is also made by Arcadia . Do the research yourself it's there on another note i plan to keep this an on going threadof my Terrarium and princess Luna

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
107375-9710378628.jpg
107375-8980424855.jpg

107375-6586957667.jpg
107375-8139594388.jpg
Luna enjoying her couch throne
107375-1801372054.jpg
107375-4584004404.jpg
Luna burrowed in during the night
107375-7581781721.jpg
107375-4064712799.jpg
107375-4137040968.jpg
107375-9695980716.jpg
In bloom in the last one (ready to shed)
107375-5937558380.jpg
Hatchling luna
107375-1801372054.jpg
107375-4237529901.jpg
Enjoying her amethyst
107375-6554600308.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Great pics and I'm sure she loves her natural habitat. ?
Haven't decided what I'm gonna do for Petey's new viv, don't have it yet, but considering a 50/50 bio and slate tile. Or maybe just a small section he can dig around in. Haven't decided. It's gonna be awhile but good to know there is an option and someone with bio experience. ?
-Dee

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":vnwc6lte said:
Great pics and I'm sure she loves her natural habitat. ?
Haven't decided what I'm gonna do for Petey's new viv, don't have it yet, but considering a 50/50 bio and slate tile. Or maybe just a small section he can dig around in. Haven't decided. It's gonna be awhile but good to know there is an option and someone with bio experience. ?
-Dee
Yeah I hope to see more bioactive here ?‍♂️

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
NICE? Love that big viv! ❤ wish I had a place to put something that size. Still looking for a 55 inch one like that.
Try to get up with a moderator and see if they can move this to Beardie Tales or start a new thread there so you can keep us updated on Luna. ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom