This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":x6dicau2 said:
Shedding sideburns, very nice. Devlyn also will shed just the lips at one point. It is so neat how dragons shed in sections and each dragon has their own way they do their shedding. I wonder if they have control over what sheds and when. That would be neat, but there is no evidence for that, I just like to imagine it's a fashion choice for which scales fall off ?
This is a first for us. He hasn't shed any in the 6 months I've had him. Will give him a warm soak tomorrow. ?
I have seen some pics that left me in tears I laughed so hard! Lol! ? Youngsters have a heck of a time with the shedding. Brandon has some hysterical pics of his shedding Beardies. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":2hxtu9z5 said:
Maybe.. but I don't have sideburn shedding pics! I want pics! LOL

-Brandon
Lol dang phone just takes lousy pics. You know the spikes under/behind their ears? Right at the spot where the mouth ends? That's what I'm calling sideburns. ? I had to look close but I can see they are shedding. Especially on his left side. Hoping he won't fight too bad and get a decent soak tomorrow. ? I'll try to get pics tomorrow, he's asleep now. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Will try to post pics of his shedding spikes/sideburns.

106785-4551117825.jpg

106785-2816109057.jpg

Really hard to see, but the spikes are showing loose shed near his face and lips. ? Its the base of the large spikes.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Petey got some different stuff for salad today, added okra and Apple bits to his collards, cilantro and yellow bell pepper. He doesn't seem to be interested yet. We'll see if he eats any of it. Hope so. He needs to eat what I have. Of course with the bit of shedding he might not be interested but may like it at another time. I almost always try things more than once. Except for pineapple! Lol! He refused an entire salad of his fave stuff because I put some pineapple on it. Lol! ?
-Dee

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Petey is super pretty! I love the orange/white scheme he's got going on.

DorgEndo":12t23mus said:
Shedding sideburns, very nice. Devlyn also will shed just the lips at one point. It is so neat how dragons shed in sections and each dragon has their own way they do their shedding. I wonder if they have control over what sheds and when. That would be neat, but there is no evidence for that, I just like to imagine it's a fashion choice for which scales fall off ?

I like thinking they have their own movie scenes going in their heads at all times. :D
It's fun to anthropomorphize their weird little behaviors!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MariosDad":mhxmcgih said:
Petey is super pretty! I love the orange/white scheme he's got going on.

DorgEndo":mhxmcgih said:

I like thinking they have their own movie scenes going in their heads at all times. :D
It's fun to anthropomorphize their weird little behaviors!
Lol! Don't I know it! I 'talk' for Petey all the time. ? Not a big deal, I also have complete conversations with the cats. ? LOL!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":2w5xcgq5 said:
Yes Dee, this is why they sleep on your face and you kink your neck.. LOL

-Brandon
Lmao! Actually it was a first. DJ was wrapped around my head like ear muffs. ? Crazy cat. No clue what possessed him to be up on my pillow wrapped around my head. SMH
I must have been sleeping really well for me not to wake when he got up there. ?
Loved all the new pics of your crew. ❤
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got a few new pics of Petey in his pool and back in the tank. ?

106785-8564760601.jpg

106785-1702670013.jpg

106785-713704387.jpg
Yeah he really doesn't like the water but found a chunk of shed and thought a nice warm soak would help. ?

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just noticed the top pool pic. ?
At the top right you can see DJs head looking over the edge to see Petey. Lol! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ha I didn't even notice the cat until you mentioned it Dee. Sneaky bugger haha

Petey is looking nice and healthy to me! :D

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":3mbo4n29 said:
Ha I didn't even notice the cat until you mentioned it Dee. Sneaky bugger haha

Petey is looking nice and healthy to me! :D

-Brandon
Petey was doing his IHOP impression, all pancaked out! ?
I didn't notice the cat until after I posted the pic. Lol! They were curious cause he kept trying to jump out.
Got up this morning and he's under the newspaper. ? Nope. Not doing that. Get under the heat. ? Only time he does that is when he wants to brumate. Did that about 3 months ago.

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":csl459gc said:
Hi Dee,

How is Petey doing?

-Brandon

Hey hon!! He's good and all is good with my zoo, just been out of touch for awhile. Hope all is good with everyone on the board. Much luv to all!
Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom