Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
DragonPete":2g3utgsg said:
1 year old? That's a lotta Dragon! ?
Good on the greens! ?
-Dee

Yes I got him in June and he was a few weeks old tiny little hatchling of cuteness...so tiny I brought him home in the bottom of a Dixie cup ?. He would sleep on the tiny plastic leaf of his fake plant ?. And his little legs were all deformed from improper care I'm assuming and he dragged them around lol. He was still super cute. Going to post more baby photos.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-4899776978.jpg

Rajah about to have full body and head shed....giant thing. One end of the hammock fell the other day and he was just sitting on it on the floor looking at me like somehow it's my fault like "I'm fat mommy.". Those suction cups are working hard....I keep the hammock low to the ground for just such occasions lol

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like quite a shed coming. ? He's adorable.
My Petey will pull one of his suction cups off about once a month. I think he gets his little claws under the edge. That's all it takes to pop it loose.
Have a great Memorial Day. ??
-Dee

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-1124550468.jpg

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted lately... Rajah went into brumation already so he he's been sleeping a lot lately and hanging out in his chambers most of the time...he did come out today for some worms and some sun....I haven't seen him out much so when I saw him I was shocked to see he's you know, grown more. He doesn't even look like a bearded dragon anymore he looks like some sort of pumpkin iguana or monitor lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long has he been sleeping ? It's amazing that some dragons gain weight even when they are dormant + not eating. I would not feed a dragon that's brumating, especially if they are already overweight. It can throw their system off a bit, plus the weight gain will really be difficult to get under control now that he's adult. A slimmer dragon is healthier and that's what we want for our beardies. :)

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
He's been sleeping more for a couple weeks. The temps are the same...I haven't fed him much he's eaten only a few like 5 super worms a week. I know he's gotten kind of chubby again. I'll lay off the worms he did this last year as well for a couple months And I fed him periodically.

Holy cow! I just got a bunch from someone (I'll be posting an introduction soon), and they're 2 months old and super tiny compared to this guy/girl. I would post a pic but don't know how yet.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah is finally awake! He's been up and around a few days now, he had his first meal today. He did a true brumation this year he was in his hude the past couple months. I mamaged to give him water periodically. Happy to see him again ☺. He's running around the house. He does resemble something you might see in a zoo as opposed to a house at this point.
105973-5393187026.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom