New Beardie owner! Here's Zuzu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's currently 1 am and I've stumbled across this website Googling various bearded dragon things. I know through studying that people say to never buy from a big retailer, but I did.... Anyways. I'm a first time owner. My beardie's name is Zuzu, because that is how my 1 and a half year old says lizard lol. I'm unsure of the sex, because I didn't ask at the store and no one told me. *facepalm*
And before anyone addresses it- my daughter is super excited to have him/her. She's extremely gentle and uses one finger to softly pet Zuzu.
I'm excited to be a part of this community and learn more so I can give the best care possible to Zuzu!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
After you upload pics click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and it should post --- nice to have Zuzu here and you ---- please go over your husbandry of your tank explain in detail your lighting and the size of your tank so we can make sure your using the correct lighting for Zuzu --- this is key to having a healthy dragon and keeping him alive
Karrie

Goddesslolth

Original Poster
108165-5525044845.jpg
There is Zuzu! My precious baby. Currently I have a 40 gallon tank, and will be upgrading to a 75 gallon later on. There's substrate, a basking area, a water/soaking dish, a food dish, and a skull hideaway for him. I have a UVB bulb, a basking bulb, and a heating lamp also. The hot side of the tank stays around 100 during the day, the cool side about 80. At night it ranges between 75-85.

I am going to a lake today to get some driftwood to clean then bake for him to have more in his/her tank. I also plan on getting vines and a hammock.

A diet of kale, crickets, strawberries, and bell peppers is what Zuzu has been eating. Mainly the crickets. I give him an occasional mealworm.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
UVB bulb-- brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank on top of screen or inside the tank? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stickons they are inaccurate--- heating lamp? No coloerd bulbs they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage - it also disrupts their sleep --- this is all crucial I am asking about this -- his diet sounds good here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder-- hes a cute little guy we want to keep him healthy
Karrie

Goddesslolth

Original Poster
They are not inside the tank.. I have digital temp and humidity gauges. The USB bulb is reptisun 10.0. The basking bulb goes to about 100-110.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Look on the tube or bulb itself --- it will tell you --- look for the brand Reptisun then look on it it should say T 5 or T 8 ---- the reason I ask is because of the strength of the bulb - the T 5 is a stronger bulb and can sit on top of the screen where as the T 8 needs to go inside the tank --- its rays are not strong enough to get thru the screen --- and your baby needs those rays --- if its a T 8 it will need to go inside the tank and your decor piece needs to be 8-10 inches from the bulb w/ NO plastic cover over that bulb --- if there is one take it off! You can hang the fixture w/ these things
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line --- potted plant wire hangers -- shoe laces ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom