Bearded Dragon Diagnosed with MRSA Staph Nasal Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to see your dragon is looking so well. I agree, the discoloration on the nostril
is probably due to a shed.
It looks like all of the spots are gone now! How is he doing, is he eating well right now?

Tracie

FranklinTheBeardie

Original Poster
He has started gaping more often again, but his breathing isn't labored when he does it. It's really hard to tell if he is sick to be honest. He has enough energy to climb up the side of his cage and run to his favorite window ledge when I let him out, but he has less energy than he did a month ago. Moreover his eating has been consistently good. I'm not sure what to make of this.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How old is Franklin,I can't remember if you mentioned that. Does he gape in or out of the tank or both, sand for how long ? They all gape sometimes so hopefully nothing else is going on but it sounds innocent enough since he's not breathing heavily. As for his lack of activity, adult beardies in captivity
are not like the wild ones, they don't hunt, don't need to go far to find a good basking spot or run from predators so they are content mostly to just be comfortable. Other than breeding mode when they can be restless they just don't have much to do so some adults are lazy to a degree. So that's a possibility. :)

FranklinTheBeardie

Original Poster
He gapes both inside and outside his cage. I'm unsure for how long in his cage and for a minute or so outside of his cage. But he usually gapes outside of his cage when he is still warm, although that isn't the case. He's 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom