Sex of Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe it's my aging eyes. When enlarged (the pic--not my eyes) I see a difference in the scales, and what looks like the telltale single bump, BICBW. :dontknow:
105703-286422656.jpg

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
I feel like I see little "cat ears" at the top corners of the pouch (I notice very young males can have their bulges look like that including my Ardie, whom I am 99.9% sure is male after lots of checking and flashlighting), but when I go full view, it looks like it could just be conveniently located stress marks, in which case I would also say female.

Personally, I would suggest letting this baby calm down and get over their relocation stress (i.e. wait until the marks fade and they seem calmer about letting you handle them) before trying to do any sexing.

Ardie may have warmed up in less than 2 days for me, but to my understanding, one or two weeks seems more the norm with beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This thread is about 7 months old so the dragon will be much larger ,if the O.P comes back they might be more sure now. As it is it still looks much more like a female in these pics though.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
AHBD":j996r7o3 said:
This thread is about 7 months old so the dragon will be much larger ,if the O.P comes back they might be more sure now. As it is it still looks much more like a female in these pics though.

Oops! I completely forgot where I clicked in from and didn't check the dates. :oops:

But yeah, it looks like a female since I don't think the "ears" are actually there. Not that they seem to mean much because I've found photos of females having the "ears". I'm only confident in Ardie now because the bulges look bigger and I'm pretty sure I found them with a flashlight. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom