New Member and mama of rep-child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazenobia

Hello everyone:

I have been visiting your site for a while now for answers on questions I was not yet bold enough to ask. A lot of you have helped me with my rep-child and don’t even know it.

THANK YOU!

I brought my baby (Hasguard) home in late January for my young sons bday. We absolutely love Hazy. I’m thinking my beardie was almost about a month when I got them (not sure if he or she yet but I’m leaning toward a he cause I think I see balls ??‍♀️); I’ve only had had Hazy for almost 3 months and I am wondering if our little buddy is too small...

I keep being told different things on how to feed Hasguard and I just don’t feel like I’m doing it right.

Hazy eat crickets in the morning and fruits and veggies throughout the day. He lives collards, carrots, apples and grapes. I just bought some dried pellet type food for just in case I am doing something wrong. Ive been told I e’s too big for the small crickets but where I go it’s hard to fine medium crickets so I get him the large ones.

I dust his crickets daily.

Trying to figure out how to upload photos but in the meantime - how would you recommend I feed a beardie this young? Not sure how old he truly is - possibly 4 mos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and they should post
Its great hes eating salads now here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple
Please do not feed him crickets bigger than what he can eat - it could cause impaction if anything feed smaller ones just more of them I am going to give you some websites to order insects and worms from BSFL they are a great staple feeder and you can add those to his salads do not dust feed as many as you want a good supplement to his main feeder
www.symptonbsf.com order large they will last approx 2 weeks on your counter they are also known as calci worms nutri grubs and phoenix worms
www.dubiaroaches.com I recommend these as a staple feeder - they are easy to care for 10 gallon tote or aquarium they dont bite fly stink or chirp --- feed dubia chow and carrots and squash for hydration --- do not feed your dragon carrots tho too much Vit A-- this place also has horn worms a great hydrating worm - they grow fast so order small amounts also butter worms too but everyone is out of these now --
www.reptilesplus.com good place for small super worms they also have dubias and BSFL
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ a good place for silk worms -- last I checked they were out - another good staple feeder
www.coastalsilkworms.com west coast has them now --- if you order in bulb make sure you get food and feed daily and clean out their containers
www.https://reptilianarts.com
If the insect is too big they usually will not eat them --- so that is why I said get smalls --
Karrie

Riazenobia

Original Poster
Thank you @KarrieRee I definitely may go with the Dubias I keep hearing about them and now that I know the crickets bite I don’t like it. Here’s my little buddy
108096-2235864532.jpg

I’ve had him since January 26th. Should he be bigger? He has to be at least 3 or 4 months. How many times would you suggest I feed him crickets/protein? I was doing 3x a day then I was told that was way too much.

He’s in a 40 gallon tank front doors open, with one basking lamp and a Uv long tube lamp. I also have a night lamp that I use but I’ve been wondering if it’s too much. Right now it’s 90 degrees in my house so I don’t know if I should just turn out the lights at night or what.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB your using? It looks like a T 5 and on top of the screen--- you need a piece of basking decor under it if its a T 5 it should be 8-10 inches from that decor piece -- if its a T 8 it needs to be inside the tank and approx 8-10 inches from decor piece --- please get rid of the nite time light if your using one - they disrupt their sleep and can cause long term eye damage - your tank is good at nite if its not falling below 65 --- you need 2 digital probes thermometers - the stick ons are no good for basking temps - and you want your basking temp 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a juvie/ adult -- but that needs to be taken w/a digital probe - set on basking spot where he sits for 10 minutes -- its good to offer a piece of decor that can offer a gradient heat -- it gives them more options of temps and places to sit to bask
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Rep-child, love it, gonna use it. :D

We have the same tank, I like what you have done with yours.
Does your baby actually do anything with the toys?

We got our baby on Feb 16 and are estimating she is around 4-5 months now. She was a little bigger than the other babies there so I think she had been there longer. I think the size of yours is pretty on par with ours. Ours just had a growth spurt so maybe yours is close to that too. All of a sudden she wanted to eat everything we put in front of her, and more of it! Now she's backed down a little bit we could definitely see the growth.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, here is a late welcome to the site! Hope you're enjoying your time here so far :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom