Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

Welcome to my journal for my crew! This will be the thread I post all my pictures and updates in regards to my crew! This is going to be like a journal of sorts. A tool I can use to look back on and see how I was doing things, and important events that have occurred for my crew! I really like being able to go back and look at things like that.

To start off with, since all my dragons had a thread previously, they will all get their own post under this to kind of catch up to where things are right now.

A bit about me (EDIT: Ok it's a lot about me now..)

I've had dragons for almost 20 years now. My first dragon was named Shredder. Information was so scarce back then, and I was so inexperienced, Shredder didn't last long under my care. He was housed on walnut shell, typical petstore setup (you think they are bad nowadays, think back 20 years ago) and I honestly don't remember much else about how i cared for him besides the fact that I had grown attached to him. After shredder died, I dedicated a good portion of my free time to learning about dragons. I knew I wanted another, but I didn't want him to suffer the same fate. I read, I learned, I talked to other owners that I would meet at petstores. I read every caresheet I could find online. I even talked breeders ears off when they'd let me. I got another dragon eventually, Hawk. And then another, Buttercup. Then I rescued Scorpio. And shortly after that, I saw a runt in a petstore that I bought, Rusty. For awhile, this was my crew. They all lived for 5 or 6 years. Their care wasn't perfect, but it was better and I was learning and growing as a dragon keeper.

One day the petstore owner and I were talking, and he wanted to give me his dragon. He didn't want to take care of her anymore. I had never taken in an adult dragon. I had always only had babies that I raised myself. I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to stay in good with the petstore owner (this came into play massively a few years later)
So, now I have a 3 year old dragon, who I named Naughtica. Her name is based on Naussica, a character from a movie (she was the start to how I name all of the rest of my future dragons, after hayo Miyazaki film characters). Around the same time I got an adult Male, Spyro. I don't remember exactly how I got him, but I believe also from a friend I had met at the petstore. He was trying to produce white dragons (back then they were basically unheard of, and light grey hypos were the closest most people had gotten to that) and spyro was a light-grey hypo.

Naughtica and spyro were the only two dragons I had for a few years now. Around this time is when I also found this website, and my knowledge, care, and love for this hobby grew immensely. I loved being surrounded by people who understood. I loved being able to talk dragons all day long if I wanted. And I loved being able to help people. Obviously in the beginning, it was me being helped. But I soaked it all up like a sponge. I loved it.

Eventually I decided I wanted to breed. So, Naughtica and Spyro were put together for a week. And, it was successful. It was honestly a lot of fun, it was scary, but it was rewarding. Coming home that one day and seeing that a few hatched was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was so filled with joy and excitement.
But now a new learning curve. Caring for around 20 baby hatchlings. And it was a learning curve for sure. I was not at all prepared for how much they eat. I wasn't prepared to separate ones that started to get picked on. For that reason some lost parts of tails, some lost toes. One even completely lost a foot. But, i grew and I learned with later clutches.

Remember wanting to stay in good with the petshop owner? It came into play now. His shop was how I was able to sell my babies. It was either just my town, or the time, but he basically couldn't keep dragons in stock. Worked out great for me, and great for him. I had a solid consistent place to sell my babies to, and he had a reliable person to buy from.

I only did that for about two seasons before life changed and breeding as a hobby was no longer a viable thing to do. Spyro had died a year or two later. I really don't know how old he was.

But Naughtica was going strong. And a few more years passed and I had bought Kiki. I had always had a thing for red trans, and Kiki was the perfect girl to fit that bill. I had gotten over breeding and just wanted a dragon or two of the "higher end" morphs to enjoy. By this time I was very active on this site, and Naughtica and Kiki both had their own threads here (I will link to later). So did Calcifer, a uromastyx that I had bought from that same petshop I used to sell to. Naughtica was getting pretty old at this point. But, my care and knowledge had grown so much that I knew she was gonna be with me for the long haul, and that's what I was hoping out of kiki and calcifer. These three were my new crew. I was happy with everything I had.

Long story short, life got in the way again, and my crew had to be put under someone elses care. They were entrusted to my family. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well at all. And I feel awful. They were not taken care of properly. They eventually all passed. Naughtica was around 12 I believe. And I have no doubts she would have lived even longer if she were to have been under my care, I just wasn't able to.

It took me a long time to feel like I could get back into this hobby. One thing never left me, and that was my love for this hobby, and my love for these creatures, and my love for talking anyones ear off about them that will let me.

And here we are today.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Vanessa. Well due to the circumstances, I guess I won't hold it against ya :wink:

Gee, you would think that I never feed the lot. For some reason, everybody was STARVING today. I always start off with Feeding Kiki her BSFL. She always freaks out when she sees me get them. So that's not new. What was new, is Tombo freaked out too when he saw them. Tombo detests BSFL. He refuses to eat them. That's fine. He'd eat all 600 in the cup in 1 sitting if he liked them.

Next was up to Moro, she had jumped off her rock and was waiting by her plate for her BSFL. And if you guys have been following along with Moro, not like her LOL.

Had a bit left over, so I gave the rest to Mei. She has been a bit lazy lately too, but even she perked up and ran to the plate.

Suki and Tombo get supers today. So I got the supers in my mixing bowl for them, coated them up with calcium, and as I get near Tombos tank with them, he forgets that there is glass in the way, and won't stop trying to get to the worms. I open the glass and try to shoo him back so I can give him his worms, and the doofus decides to try to get them again, this time the glass is missing and he falls out right down onto the floor. He seemed a little surprised, but only for about 5 seconds until he remembered he was hungry. Back in he went and also his worms.

Suki too was a wild child. She almost bit my finger as I was opening her glass.

IDK what got into everyone today, but everyone was starving.

Maybe everyone is gonna get a growth spurt all at once lol.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Took everyone outside for some sun today. Another 8.0 UVI day at 11 AM. So everyone only went out for a few minutes, 1 at a time.

Took a decent amount of pictures so here we go!

Kiki

Kiki was the first to get some outside time. I haven't brought her out much, but she was very captivated by the outdoors, and the wind. You could tell she really enjoyed the wind it seemed.

In the bright sun, I noticed something I hadn't on her before. Kiki is a translucent, but typically the translucent gene gets a bit muddied out as they get older (scales get thicker etc.) so they lose that transparent look to their scales. Kiki still shows some very very strong translucent traits. Something I am definitely attributing to Phantom Dragons crazy genetic lines.
31715-992377345.jpg
31715-9961618.jpg
In the picture the spikes on her beard almost look white, but trust me, they are actually semi-transparent.
Even as she is starting to shed in areas, look at what her scales look like:
31715-7894539153.jpg
Almost a white powder. Very cool.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster

Tombo

Next out was Tombo. Once again, he was a bit hard to get out of his tank, kept wanting to eat me. But I was able to get him out.

I apparently don't bring Tombo out enough, because he ALWAYS freezes up when we go outside. It is bizarre. It's like he locks his sight onto something in the sky, and won't stop staring. If you move him or his body, his head won't move, but the rest of his body will. He literally locks his head and eyesight into a single position and just stares up into the sky. Done it since he was a baby.

31715-3400614858.jpg
31715-7876905454.jpg
I moved him here, his whole body moved but not his head or his eye sight lol.
31715-829218161.jpg

Oh, and this one has got to be one of the favorite pictures I've ever taken of Tombo, or maybe even any of my dragons. Just look how freakin' majestic he looks here!
31715-7569622937.jpg

Look at that full body arch! LOL

Finally got him to look at something else... Me.
31715-8863628753.jpg
Doesn't look impressed ha!

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster

Mei

Next out came Mei.

I didn't get too many pictures of Mei, simply because she wasn't having it. She kept trying to get away from me. She is the one dragon who doesn't quite care for being outside it seems. Everyone else kind of calms down and is in awe when they go outside. Mei could care less. Doesn't impress her.

Now you tell me, Does she look impressed?
31715-9800105509.jpg

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that look lol.
Feel bad I only have 1 picture of her, so here is one from when she was a baby :)
31715-4187384318.jpg
"hugging" on Suki.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster

Suki

Then we have Suki.

Suki enjoys outside, but not as much as Tombo, Kiki, and Moro. Must have got some of that from her "sister" lol.

Suki is a Trans too, just like Kiki. She doesn't have the super translucent scales like Kiki does, but she has another very unique trait to trans dragons, a colored belly. Typically as babies, trans dragons have blue bellies because their scales are see through, you see the organs and it typically looks blue. As they age, the scales thicken and they lose this transparency. But Suki has retained some amazing color to her belly. Not blue, but a very rich orange and yellow.
31715-9877194315.jpg
31715-4302396299.jpg
31715-3810389992.jpg
31715-4644149691.jpg
31715-8721818039.jpg

Depending on the light, her color looks drastically different from one picture to the next. In some lighting, she is a super dark red. In others, a more mellow red. And in some, she just looks orange.

31715-4549992159.jpg
31715-1612442579.jpg
31715-3852055301.jpg
31715-9402948333.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster

Moro

Moro got to come out too! Unfortunately, I didnt get many pictures of her either. Moro is weird when being held. She tries to wrap her whole body around you like a snake would to hold on. She doesn't grip with your hands and feet, she tries to like she's a snake by contorting her body. I don't know if it's a trust thing, an unstabe feeling thing, or what, but it makes it difficult to take pictures of her because I use two hands to hold her to help her feel comfortable.

I did get a picture of her fat ol beard spikes though! She has some intense beard spikes for sure!
31715-8647198206.jpg

And, here are a few of her as a baby :)

31715-2791768341.jpg
31715-490099285.jpg
31715-7368280994.jpg
And baby Tombo flaring up at poor Moro!
31715-5843256884.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks all for the kind words :)

Karrie, there was nothing up there but empty sky, not even a cloud lol! He does this every time it's so strange. But, that's the beauty of having multiple dragons, you see all of their own different quarks and personalities. That's what I like :)

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
There's nothing like natural daylight to get some great pictures of your dragons... and you did get som nice shots there! I particularly liked the "full arch" Tombo - very nice indeed. The girls looked like they were enjoying their outing, too. I can't wait until it gets warm enough here to bring Figment out into the sun - probably the one thing I'm looking forward to, since I am NOT a hot weather person! :lol:

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
All the babes look gorgeous!! So glad they were able to get some outside time. It's been some interesting here in CA, well at least in Sac. Haha I love when they look up like they can see something we can't. Low and behold, it's probably nothing except some debris we can't see. Haha

Glad the crew is doing well!

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Bad picture of Kiki, she's real dark and the wildfires all around us make the lighting outside weird.
31715-2232992808.jpg
Also a picture of her "mole" that she developed when she was like 2 months old. Hasn't changed, just the 1 scale.
31715-9941793070.jpg

And a few of Mr. Tombo.
31715-1805655253.jpg
31715-9184353575.jpg
31715-3109480194.jpg

-Brandon

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom