I am SO scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me2WeBN

Original Poster
So only the temp matters. Not the sun actually being out? It’s been overcast the past 2 days. I took him out Sunday, however, and he sat out in the sun. Poo’d something fierce lol. But it was sunny Sunday. So, just to clarify, as long as it’s 65+ I should be ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Temps are important so if it is 65 that's good really sunny is better cuz of the UVB-- overcast they say UVB Ray's are stronger so I have no knowledge of that question- not sure
Karrie

Me2WeBN

Original Poster
Awesome! I took him out a little while ago. He’s still not a fan of the plastic container lol. But hopefully, with time, he’ll be more comfortable. Also, he NEVER goes on the cool side of his tank. Does that mean he’s not getting enough heat?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a bright white basking bulb--- the coil UVB puts out NO heat --- so you need to get a bright white basking bulb -- looks like this https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSeWLqzXOD7ba4ykT5DqPQBeV0Xa1LCii8vsaAdPGFrYtGQugVzA&usqp=CAc
I dont know the wattage for your tank you need that probe to get temps -it will be trial and error-- start w/ a 100 watt and go from there - you want temps 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie / adult - its good if you have a piece of decor that offers a gradient heat so he can pick a spot to sit to bask -
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Me2WeBN":syff21xp said:
108014-8131588064.jpg

This is his current enclosure. He uses a red heat lamp during the day to help keep the humidity down, according to stuck in hygrometer. (I know I need digital and a temp gun. Will get this weekend) I have another basking bulb but won’t put that in until I get the temp gun and digital probe. He does not use any light at night due to my research stating it messes up their sleep. According to the stick-ons, the temp does not drop below 70 degrees. My room usually stays at 75-80 due to where I live and the type of home I’m in.

11/10 SPONGEBOB HOUSE

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the red bulb ----- you do not need any heat except a bright white basking bulb during the day that will keep basking temps 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a adult / juvie --- one good TUBE UVB which I think I am seeing and if that is correct I need to know what that UVB is brand and bulb please it will tell you on the bulb is it a T 8 or a T 5 --- placement and distance is key here and very important!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your dragon will not eat w/out proper basking temps! And correct placement of the UVB!! Your tank at nite should not drop below 65 and it should not have any light on at nite --- dragons like it cool and dark to sleep ---- if you need heat at nite you will need to get a ceramic heat emitter - they produce NO light and only heat but you only need it at night --- your basking bulb during the day should keep the tank warm enough -- cool side 80's during the day warm side 90's or so and basking temps of what I told you---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom