Darwin

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
AHBD":1ldmhvoc said:
Well we know what Darwin weighs but how long is Mr. McGee. ?

About 18'' or so. I haven't paid as much attention to his length since he was an adult when I got him and hasn't grown lengthwise. I can double check when I get home from work.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2esydehh said:
AHBD":2esydehh said:
Well we know what Darwin weighs but how long is Mr. McGee. ?

About 18'' or so. I haven't paid as much attention to his length since he was an adult when I got him and hasn't grown lengthwise. I can double check when I get home from work.

He is 19.5” long tail tip to snoot.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Poor little dude has a full body shed going. He is now known as rattledragon due to the crunchy rattle noise he makes as he runs around. The good news is that he hasn't had to go in his tank for a whole month and can drag himself along the cheap carpet of the apartment all he wants. His appetite is way up (a couple of bowls of squash and collards a day after picking off two containers of hornworms) and his weight is back to normal after his post brumation energy phase.

Also decided to be a - and sank himself to the bottom of his bath and just sat there until he was pulled back out and then played dead for a bit. He's fine, just being a brat.

76248-3822324113.jpg

76248-1983035961.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I think he was protesting the shed. Poor guy goes between acting miserable and acting starved and following me around the house begging for yummies. :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
For the past week or so he has started curling up under furniture and falling asleep early. Around lunch time early. It's feast or famine with this guy :lol: I can get him interested in window time for a little while but he gets tired quickly. Appetite is still good and his weight is back up to normal pre-brumation level at around 560g. This is starting in a bit earlier than normal. I might let him sleep for a while and see if he gets energetic again late in the summer. Who knows. :dontknow:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He has still been sleeping through most days. He woke up yesterday so I took him outside for time in the sun and to enjoy his new playpen. He was really energetic and loved it! At some point something got his attention (no idea what) and he started arm waving which I've never seen him do before. Shortly after that he started getting tired and cranky so I brought him back inside and he promptly fell asleep behind the couch. Has been pretty sleepy again all day today. Hopefully he will wake back up soon to enjoy the summer weather outside.

76248-4000323657.jpg

76248-4908426618.jpg

https://vimeo.com/436154221

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I usually go by color and movement/behavior. I suppose it can be different between dragons but when Darwin has a bright orange beard and is either running from place to place with his tail up or sitting still but looking alert, he is usually happy/content. If his beard starts to go gray or his colors turn less orange and he starts pacing walls and moving in more frantic or darting motions he is restless or grumpy. Sometimes this shows in him hiding or looking for places to bunker down and sleep.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
We went up to the lake/cabin in Minnesota last week. Darwin enjoyed it although temps were lower than usual (50s in the day) so he didn't go out on the water (or swimming in it) this time. We went on a hike around a small set of lakes one day and he really liked moving through the woods (which he's never seen before). He required some breaks from time to time to investigate the trail a bit. He enjoyed time on the deck getting some sun and I set up a more elaborate lighting system than usual which worked really well. He had a heat emitter on a timer to keep the corner warm overnight. His bag provided a comfortable hide. He had some basking pieces from his main enclosure with him. There was a MVB spitting out about 2.5 UVI and 100f and a halogen providing about 90-110 depending on where it was measured. He was spoiled by BSFL so now getting back into the routine of veges. He did really well on the long car rides both ways, as he usually does.

76248-9025465836.jpg

76248-8955932217.jpg

76248-6234263447.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom