Too much water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If she likes crickets then that's fine, they are a great staple. Give her as many as she wants, with calcium on them 3 X a week. Her temps. have to be above 90 for proper digestion, you can always use bulbs like these from Walmart. Many reptile keepers use these as heat bulbs. They are very inexpensive and always available.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29993/full

dot

Original Poster
AHBD":2p1xdiwa said:
If she likes crickets then that's fine, they are a great staple. Give her as many as she wants, with calcium on them 3 X a week. Her temps. have to be above 90 for proper digestion, you can always use bulbs like these from Walmart. Many reptile keepers use these as heat bulbs. They are very inexpensive and always available.

They give off heat?? And she eats like 5-10 crickets every day. Should I change that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes they give off heat and it would be trial and error as far as keeping temps up to the 95-110 that you need ---- is she stopping at 5-10 crickets or are you not feeding any more ? Is she eating salads?
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dtte4wc1 said:
Yes they give off heat and it would be trial and error as far as keeping temps up to the 95-110 that you need ---- is she stopping at 5-10 crickets or are you not feeding any more ? Is she eating salads?
Karrie

That’s where she stops and no she only eats it if I trick her which is getting harder and harder cuz her past owners only fed her pellets and now she even refuses to eat them. She’ll only eat crickets so far but I keep her hydrated with a weekly soak like we discussed earlier

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to be offering her salads as well every day ------------ shes not eating because her basking temps are not where they should be --- you need to get a basking bulb ASAP -- you can get them from Petco or Petsmart or try the ones AHBD sent the pic of ---- but you must get this now --- here is a website for nutrition I dont know if I posted this or not
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple feeder---
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11grt3h3 said:
You need to be offering her salads as well every day ------------ shes not eating because her basking temps are not where they should be --- you need to get a basking bulb ASAP -- you can get them from Petco or Petsmart or try the ones AHBD sent the pic of ---- but you must get this now --- here is a website for nutrition I dont know if I posted this or not
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple feeder---
Karrie

I ordered 2 150 watt bulbs that r on there way and I’ll keep trying the greens but idk what to do if she doesn’t eat it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the 2 150 is going to be over kill and get too hot - you need to get a lower wattage what are you using right now in the tank?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's fine that you ordered 2 150 watt bulbs, just keep one for the future but make sure they both work. [ In case you have to send one back ]

dot

Original Poster
AHBD":3bvbqsua said:
It's fine that you ordered 2 150 watt bulbs, just keep one for the future but make sure they both work. [ In case you have to send one back ]

thats what i planned to do

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing tonight?
I'm glad to hear that you are adjusting the temperatures, that is one of the most crucial
parts of your setup. Otherwise, they aren't able to digest properly & are very lethargic too.
Are you getting enough calcium into her by mixing it with her water or slurries?
As suggested, crickets are very good feeders, so definitely look into using those for a staple
feeder.
We are all pulling for her to get better! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

dot

Original Poster
Drache613":ajwqe064 said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing tonight?
I'm glad to hear that you are adjusting the temperatures, that is one of the most crucial
parts of your setup. Otherwise, they aren't able to digest properly & are very lethargic too.
Are you getting enough calcium into her by mixing it with her water or slurries?
As suggested, crickets are very good feeders, so definitely look into using those for a staple
feeder.
We are all pulling for her to get better! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

well its 5 am and shes super active so i went ahead and turned her lights on and fed her she already look like shes better and i always put her crickets in a ziplock back with a lil powder so they have some on them when she eats them and im currently working on building her a new tearrium cuz my cat keeps sitting on top and pushing the screen in

dot

Original Poster
AHBD":3soro183 said:

u say give her as many as she wants but she seems extra hungry usually she eats 5-8 but ive given her about 15 and she still looking for more do i give them to her or wait till tmrw? cuz thats 3x she usually eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom