How often should I feed my beardie dubia roaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentroy

How often should I feed my adult bearded dragon dubia roaches? I have read that they can eat 3-5 a day, but then I’ve also read to only feed them insects like 3 times a week. I feel bad only feeding him the dubia roaches a couple times a week tho lol, like I’d be starving him lol. He has a very healthy appetite, and I know he’d eat the roaches every day. Besides the dubia roaches, I give him an unlimited supply of fresh greens, and occasional fruits. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is recommended 2-3 times per week since they are high in protein and can cause gout--- it is best he eat his greens salad every day - I would start feeding him worms --- supers butter worms horn worms meal worms --and silk they are another staple feeder so you can alternate between the two --- if you need websites for them I can give you some
Karrie

Jentroy

Original Poster
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Just to be clear and because it still seems so confusing to me lol, would a schedule like this be good:

Greens every day, with occasional fruit, then:
Monday 5 dubias,
Wednesday 10 worms,
Friday 5 dubias?

I really appreciate the help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is fine depending on the size of the dubia and what worms you are using.

If you're feeding adult males, I wouldn't do more than 2 or 3 a feeding. If they aren't adults, the 5 should be ok.

And 10 worms may or may not be too much depending on the type of worm.
IF you are going to be using superworms, I wouldn't do more than 5.

For my adults they get a large salad daily, and bugs about 3 times a week.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom