Too much water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Original Poster
So Josie stopped glass surfing and I think it’s because I gave her a loose substrate instead of tile he’s a lot happier. But she’s also a lot skinnier? She’s not as heavy and I’m not used to her not moving as much but she’s still moving. she getS super excited to eat and is eating a lot more. Is this because she laid all of her eggs? And I realized her tail is a lil crooked. I hope I’m not doing anything wrong. Is there a way I can make her exhibit hotter it’s only reaching high 80s
107768-7169897402.jpg
107768-6220381348.jpg
107768-758038359.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the whole tank is now a loose substrate ?? We dont recommend a loose substrate -- too much risk for impaction -- You can either raise her decor piece or get a higher wattage bulb- how are you taking her basking temps? With digital probe? or infrared heat gun? Make sure you have one or the other before changing bulbs to get an accurate temp ----
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":e497p3ku said:
So the whole tank is now a loose substrate ?? We dont recommend a loose substrate -- too much risk for impaction -- You can either raise her decor piece or get a higher wattage bulb- how are you taking her basking temps? With digital probe? or infrared heat gun? Make sure you have one or the other before changing bulbs to get an accurate temp ----
Karrie

Half the tank is loose substrate other half is tile. And I’m using the probes I bought the side with the heat is 85 and the other side is is 72. And the bulb is 100watts already.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok get a 150 watt bulb and keep an eye on the temp- you want your temps 95-110 for adult/ juvie and 105-110 for a baby
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":18goctj1 said:
Ok get a 150 watt bulb and keep an eye on the temp- you want your temps 95-110 for adult/ juvie and 105-110 for a baby
Karrie

Okay but what about the weight and her tail? Is that normal?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Have you increased her calcium? After they have laid eggs they need extra calcium- her weight will come back just keep her on a good diet of insects 2-3 times per week and as much salad as she will eat- add some worms to her diet-- like butter worms supers horn worms-- if you need websites I can post them -- silk worms are a good staple feeder as well
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2kapzjcc said:
Have you increased her calcium? After they have laid eggs they need extra calcium- her weight will come back just keep her on a good diet of insects 2-3 times per week and as much salad as she will eat- add some worms to her diet-- like butter worms supers horn worms-- if you need websites I can post them -- silk worms are a good staple feeder as well
Karrie

She refuses to eat warms I’ve tried super warms hornworms and red worms and just lets them live in her cage. Yea she’s eating extra calcium and if she doesn’t eat a lot that day I put a drop of liquid calcium on her mouth so she licks it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wow I have never known a beardie to not eat worms - some like more than others and you haft to find the right worm---- especially horn worms most dragons love them --- I would try some silk worms order a very small amount of them most dragons love them as well --- how about wax worms - you can usually find those at petsmart or petco --- but those are not very healthy as they are fattening and too many cause fatty liver --- what are red worms? My oldest one wont eat super worms or meal worms or wax worms but will eat horn and silk and butter --- he loves horn worms -- my youngest eats horn loves them butter silk and supers wont eat meal worms or wax worms-- its trial and error w/ them --- we need to have Tracie or AHBD address the calcium issue and have them advise as to what to do about that issue -- I will flag your post so they can look
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1og9slu9 said:
Wow I have never known a beardie to not eat worms - some like more than others and you haft to find the right worm---- especially horn worms most dragons love them --- I would try some silk worms order a very small amount of them most dragons love them as well --- how about wax worms - you can usually find those at petsmart or petco --- but those are not very healthy as they are fattening and too many cause fatty liver --- what are red worms? My oldest one wont eat super worms or meal worms or wax worms but will eat horn and silk and butter --- he loves horn worms -- my youngest eats horn loves them butter silk and supers wont eat meal worms or wax worms-- its trial and error w/ them --- we need to have Tracie or AHBD address the calcium issue and have them advise as to what to do about that issue -- I will flag your post so they can look
Karrie

Okay thx and yeah I’ve tried horn worms and she just let it crawl on her never ate it so I fed them to my sisters red ear sliders who loved them. And thx I appreciate all the help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, at first you said she wants to eat a lot, what exactly is she eating ? Because then you said she isn't eating any worms. And you really must get her hot spot up to about 100, 85 is way too cold for the hot end. So be sure to get a stronger bulb or add another bulb to get the heat up ASAP. She will not recuperate without enough heat.

dot

Original Poster
AHBD":lpr6l5ta said:
Hi there, at first you said she wants to eat a lot, what exactly is she eating ? Because then you said she isn't eating any worms. And you really must get her hot spot up to about 100, 85 is way too cold for the hot end. So be sure to get a stronger bulb or add another bulb to get the heat up ASAP. She will not recuperate without enough heat.

Crickets for now I’m trying to get roaches but the virus has everything messed up. Yeah ima try or use the ceramic heat bulb and the heat bulb till my new one comes in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok did not know you were in FLA- you can get silk worms they are a good staple - you will not be able to get roaches shipped then-- I would at least try she may not be eating worms because her basking temp is not high enough--- if that temp is accurate -
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3h5eeu90 said:
Ok did not know you were in FLA- you can get silk worms they are a good staple - you will not be able to get roaches shipped then-- I would at least try she may not be eating worms because her basking temp is not high enough--- if that temp is accurate -
Karrie

I’ll try tmrw rn her lights are off obviously and her new uvb hood is on its way (the first one I bought was defective) so that will also be fixed tmrw I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom