This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So! He didn't touch another rose petal. Will try a different color/strain next time. ? Might hit on something he likes. ?

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I decided not to make another trip to the store until next Tues, which will be 14 days since my last trip. ?
I had bought a bag of frozen chopped collard greens, for emergency a while back and figured this was a good time to see if he'd eat them. He is, surprisingly enough. ? I put a handful in a small bowl with cold water, to thaw. Drained and squeezed when no longer frozen. Added some fresh cilantro, summer squash and green bean. No issues. Yay! ? Plus he had his Supers today. He's all good and a happy Dragon camper. ?
I just don't want to be out more than every 2 weeks, so I know I either didn't catch the virus or I'm asymptomatic. Trying to be safe.
Stay healthy! ❤
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dee, I'm the same way. It's not healthy way of thinking, at least on my end lol!
When I go out, I always tell myself "ok if you're good for 2 weeks after this you didn't get it!"

Sheesh lol. Can't wait for this to be over.

Glad the frozen collards worked for you and petey. Even with quarantine, petey is getting better salads than my crew :oops:

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":m73yz2fx said:
Dee, I'm the same way. It's not healthy way of thinking, at least on my end lol!
When I go out, I always tell myself "ok if you're good for 2 weeks after this you didn't get it!"

Sheesh lol. Can't wait for this to be over.

Glad the frozen collards worked for you and petey. Even with quarantine, petey is getting better salads than my crew :oops:

-Brandon
Good or bad, that's exactly how I think. ? I even set my phone calendar to let me know when 14 days was up so I could exhale! Lol! ? Yeah, I am so ready for this to be over and done! But I know it won't be anytime soon. ? I try to just keep things normal, for me. I never go anywhere but maybe once a week anyway. Not that big a deal for me as opposed to others that are constantly on the go.
And WTH is with all the articles about what to do now that you are home so much?? I can see taking care of a couple projects that you haven't had time for but dang! They make it sound like you GOT to work 10 hrs a day or you're just a lazy cuss! Heck with that!? In best of times, I try to do a little something each day, but Im home all the time! Lol! ? Right now, I managed to crack a lower, right side rib and I'm not doing anything. ? I know you'll wonder so here it is. My outer porch door doesn't work properly and I pretty much have to throw my weight against it to open. ? Yeah. Def cracked a rib. Haven't seen DR but have had fractured ribs multiple times in my life so I'm familiar. It sux. ? Heaven forbid you cough or sneeze! Not even able to take a deep breath, like to yawn. No no no. ? But it'll be better in 4-6 weeks. No biggie. No reason to get medical attention, they cant do anything about it anyway. ?
Stay safe and stay healthy!
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dee, Stop fighting doors!!

Thats no good though. I hope it heals up quick for you and doesn't cause you too much pain. I can't imagine throwing yourself into a door is too good for your back either miss.... :whip:

Fun fact, I've never broken a single bone in my body. Not even a finger or toe. Which is surprising if you knew the things I did as a kid lol.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":iz9ht1fg said:
Dee, Stop fighting doors!!

Thats no good though. I hope it heals up quick for you and doesn't cause you too much pain. I can't imagine throwing yourself into a door is too good for your back either miss.... :whip:

Fun fact, I've never broken a single bone in my body. Not even a finger or toe. Which is surprising if you knew the things I did as a kid lol.

-Brandon
Lol! Not a one? That's crazy. I think I have 1 or 2 toes that haven't been broken at least once. I mess myself up, a LOT. ? Always been a clutz and have repeatedly injured myself doing crazy things. Broke my knee in 2013 trying to open the hood of my truck. 8 weeks in a wheel chair! ? Last November I fell UP my front steps and bounced off the hand rail with my face!! I'm fine! Face broke my fall! ? Can't even remember most of my clutzy injuries. My bff says she doesn't have to worry about someone else hurting me, I do it well enough on my own! Lol! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Geeze dee you are accident prone lol!

How did you break your knee opening your truck hood? lol

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx said:
Geeze dee you are accident prone lol!

How did you break your knee opening your truck hood? lol

-Brandon[/quote

Long story. I used to have an old 96 Ford Explorer with an interior latch that would hang up most times. I had stopped to check my oil and I was standing outside the drivers seat, leaned over to reach the latch pull, that was under the dash, on the right side of the steering column. It hung up. I kept trying to pull it loose and every time I'd put my weight into it, my right knee would slam against the bottom of the door frame. After about 5 tries, the pain hit and I crumbled to the pavement. Ended up at ER who couldn't find anything but did manage to run my leg into the door frame in the hospital a couple times. Went to ortho a few days later and had MRI. Upper plateau fracture, right knee. LMAO! I'd love to be able to say I was doing something cool like base jumping but no. Just trying to open a hood on an old truck. ?
Not only that but I didn't need any oil!!! ? I still managed to check my oil and go to Wal-Mart for glucose strips for my diabetic cat before the ER. ?
Not everyone could do that!! ?
-Dee
I messed up the quote but refused to type this over again. Lol! ?

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hey, Dee. Glad to see that Petey is doing well! I'm so sorry about your cracked rib. I can't imagine that pain! I was just thinking of you this morning because I chopped up a bunch of summer squash for Tamp, threw it on top of her greens, and she went to town!! I was so happy. Does finally starting to like more than just greens. Haha

I hope you're staying safe and taking care!

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":3u9a0epg said:
Hey, Dee. Glad to see that Petey is doing well! I'm so sorry about your cracked rib. I can't imagine that pain! I was just thinking of you this morning because I chopped up a bunch of summer squash for Tamp, threw it on top of her greens, and she went to town!! I was so happy. Does finally starting to like more than just greens. Haha

I hope you're staying safe and taking care!

Vanessa
Thanks hon. It actually only hurts when I do something stupid, like breathe! Lol! ? Other than hurting myself, I'm fine, staying home.
Glad to hear your girl is liking squash. I'm always trying new things with Petey. Some work, some not so much.
Stay safe and stay healthy.❤
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Dee, I don't know whether to be impressed with you or worried LOL!

However, it's always nice to have stories like that anyways haha.

How are the ribs doing today?
How is Petey?

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":18xz94hp said:
Wow Dee, I don't know whether to be impressed with you or worried LOL!

However, it's always nice to have stories like that anyways haha.

How are the ribs doing today?
How is Petey?

-Brandon
Ribs are sore, ice packs and Advil do the trick. ? Petey's good as always. He so easy. Lol
Yeah the life of a clutz. ? The knee was by far, the most painful. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Fractured toes and ribs suck and hurt but not that big a deal. Not compared to the knee. Like I said, wish I coulda blamed it on something cool. LMAO ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My phone calendar just notified me that it's been 14 days since my store run. Yay! No virus! ? ? I'm relieved. ?Granted I was masked and gloved but I also made the circle of 8 different stores to get everything I needed at the best price. ? I'm still set for at least 4 weeks or more if needed. The only thing that I'll need in a couple weeks would be pet stuff and I plan to order from Amazon or Chewy. ?
I wish I had fresh greens for Petey but we can get by with frozen collards, which he is eating without issue, and wild dandelion, clover and mint from the yard, plus lots of supers. Have a bag of frozen okra that we'll try soon too for some variety. Also have apples but he didn't like them last time. I've found though that he changes his mind sometimes. ? Have another couple of different strains of roses that we haven't tried. He only ate 1 petal of the red, from my hand, and refused any more. We'll see. ? If I can catch my neighbor going out (at least once a day) I'll see if they can pick up fresh greens on a store run. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Woo now you can breath!
Well... kinda... :lol:
(sorry, too soon?)

I might have to go out into public soon, in the worst way I can imagine.

I think I scraped my gum eating something a few days ago, and yesterday a big bump formed on the side of the gum. Today it's still there so I'm waiting for the dentist to call me back to tell me whether or not I should come in. I'd really rather not. And I can think of almost no wrose place to be at during this time than wide mouth opened at a dentist office. But, I also don't want there to be something bad going on and I lose my tooth... soo.... :(

Why couldn't it have been a rib! Why a tooth issue! :(

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":ddq381po said:
Woo now you can breath!
Well... kinda... :lol:
(sorry, too soon?)

I might have to go out into public soon, in the worst way I can imagine.

I think I scraped my gum eating something a few days ago, and yesterday a big bump formed on the side of the gum. Today it's still there so I'm waiting for the dentist to call me back to tell me whether or not I should come in. I'd really rather not. And I can think of almost no wrose place to be at during this time than wide mouth opened at a dentist office. But, I also don't want there to be something bad going on and I lose my tooth... soo.... :(

Why couldn't it have been a rib! Why a tooth issue! :(

-Brandon
Well DANG. Does it hurt? Can you see it? Does it have a white spot/circle? If so, could be a canker sore or what's called a gum boil. Have you tried flushing with warm salt water or peroxide? Both are helpful. Hopefully it's a gum issue and NOT a tooth issue. Keeping fingers crossed its just something that needs to heal. ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom