Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has recently been developing problems and im really worried about him. His name is B(I know so creative). Anyways, He is around 2 years old and hes developed these sticky yellow patches around his face, and I dont know how to describe the bottom of his neck. I think the yellow patches might be yellow fungus and that his beard has a bit of stuck shed? I could really use some help and ive attached some images. Thanks.
107874-6659103059.jpg
107874-2265722645.jpg
107874-2917454341.jpg

Hey have you fever him a bath that actually looks a lot like junk stuck to his face more then yfd but I’m not a proffecianal just try giving him a bath and scrubbing with the tooth brush

SPandS

Juvie Member
That actually does look a little concerning. Is there anyway you can get pics that are a little clearer?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those areas look a bit suspicious I agree. Do try giving a warm bath, using a small toothbrush
& gently scrub those areas after letting him soak to see if it will come off. Have you fed him any
soft foods that could have stuck onto that area?
If those areas don't clear up, you can use anti-fungal cream such as lotriman or monistat on the
skin to see if that helps out.
Is he eating very well right now?

Tracie

HelpMyBeardiepls

Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply,
maybe hes eating less, or I could just be paranoid.
This may not be important, but id thought id mention it just in case. B has a lump, kind of like an abscess on his face/jaw area. Im going to continue to give him baths and apply anti-fungal cream. Thanks for your help

SPandS

Juvie Member
Can you show us the lump? Also if the baths aren't removing the stuff on his chin I would stop, if it's fungal the water will actually make it spread and get worse.

Oh wow he has a lump may be a little concerning at first glance it kinda lookied like dried bananas or apple sauce got on his face I hope everything’s fine now best of luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom