Reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy1222

Just curious if anyone in here has other reptile species I know the forum is bearded dragons just was curious. Joined this forum for geckos and it is horrible no one answers questions or anuthing. Unlike here a lot of people are willing to help

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
My brother has a leopard gecko and blue tongue skink. If no one is answering questions about geckos here, I think there are some gecko forums that you could join. I think a lot of people also keep blue tongues on this forum too, to answer your question about whether or not people on here keep other reptiles.

Billy1222

Original Poster
Ya I joined a Pangaea gecko forum had like 10 views on a post and people probably think its a stupid question but was just trying to get advice. I bought a gargoyle gecko and a crested gecko yesterday and have my Beardie as well so new to geckos

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
In regards to lizards, this is probably the most popular forum. Questions are normally answered immediately. What advice did you need that you asked for on the other forum?

Billy1222

Original Poster
Just wanted to know a good substrate to get for my crested gecko. He's a juvenile and he had substrate in the cage at the pet store I got him from so wanted to get something good and easy to clean up

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
What do you have now? My neighbor has a crestie and he just used reptile carpet. It soaks up water and is easy to clean. Just watch out because it can stain.
Coco coir might also be good. It can soak up water and a gecko like yours probably wouldn't ingest any of it anyway. I don't think it would be lethal if they did though.
Tile or something like that might also be good. That would be easy to clean. It just wouldn't be absorbent though.

Billy1222

Original Poster
Right now just using paper towels but want something that will hold the humidity better. He won't eat it since he's not a baby. But wanted something like wood chips unless there's nothing good or if it wouldn't be good for him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When we had a leopard gecko in the past we would use a colored felt or paper towels.
I would avoid sand as they do tend to lick their surroundings quite a bit.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom