Enclosure help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I would like to start off saying I hope everyone's doing well during this time. I've been struggling a little financially and would prefer not to get too personal. My bearded dragon is in need of a larger enclosure. Is there a way I could build something for the guy? or anyone know of a website with affordable tanks?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check out the enclosure board and the DIY on this website -- there are some ideas there and also you might try looking on FB marketwatch and Craiglslist for a used tank --- look for one that has front door opening-- and if you find one make sure its sanitized real good before use -- all the tanks I know that are new now from websites they are backed up for orders and are over $300 so I am not sure what your budget is but check out what I have posted -- look for a size of 75-120 gallon if you can find one --
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Look on Marketplace if you have things to trade search letgo offerup and similar sites and see if people with tanks are willing to barter .I've seen people house their dragons in big sterlite bins and DIY is always an option if hardware is retiably available. I gave my 75 gallon tank away on a trade to a beardie owner in my area when I upgraded to a 75 with slide doors as I understand it can be a money pits. It's all about right time right place lol

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
CadenHunt1":bdp09jlg said:
My bearded dragon is in need of a larger enclosure. Is there a way I could build something for the guy? or anyone know of a website with affordable tanks?
Indubitably. Most DIYs I've seen are variations on the Crossfire Enclosure (48" x 24" x 24"); check the archives here and on goggle, and the DIY forum. I would avoid using melamine in favor of plywood; IMO, the former has too many issues/downsides. :wink:

The most reasonably priced kit I've seen is also based on the Crossfire design, and can be found here.

Some finished enclosures also come KD (some assembly required). Most I've seen are in the $300-$400+ range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom