Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I've had a really good day at home today.

Burnt some ramen (of all things) so I put it outside and both Devlyn and Greysie got to window watch the local black squirrels eat the ramen. A grey squirrel joined too.
103228-832838198.jpg

It was a good day ?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MariosDad":yml20mkz said:
DorgEndo":yml20mkz said:
This is an amazing video.

Wowza, you WERE NOT LYING!! :lol: :lol:

We are in stitches over here! Thank you, that was much needed relief. :lol:
It really is fantastic. I'm disappointed I didn't find it sooner. I keep playing it on my phone randomly all day long

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Fun Devlyn pictures

She continues to be fairly picky with her salad foods. Eating a few bites instead of filling up. She got banana today. Only the 2nd time I've offered banana and she accepted the banana both times. I think it has an inverse Ca:p ratio which is why I limit the banana

View media item 12892
103228-8996837670.jpg
103228-9516106643.jpg
103228-7291764919.jpg

Some calcium added on top to counteract the banana

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Nothing cuter than Beardies munching. ?
Although I have no problem with Petey eating his salad, he doesn't do it all at once. He will usually eat about 20% when I first put it in. Then he'll go back for a couple bites repeatedly thru the day. Because he's up hours before I am, I quit taking it out when he went to sleep. By the time I get up, he's finished a min of 90-95% and ready for fresh salad. Being well into adulthood, I feed once a day with exception to protein day. He gets big fresh salad every day and every 3rd day some fat Supers once he's had some salad. He did really well yesterday, had eaten about 20% of salad, 7 fat Supers an hour later and abt 20 mins after that, he was back at the salad bar. ? Works for me!
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
The salad I offer Devlyn are huge so she had a choice of what to eat. If she eats half her salad then that is a good day!

She had a few more bites from the salad pictured above then was done. ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
I figure every bite of salad is a blessing. ? Some refuse to eat any.
Love that adorable head tilt when they check it out.? Just so cute!❤
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn, Devlyn, bo-bevlyn
Banana-fana fo-fevlyn
Fee-fi-mo-mevlyn
Devlyn!

103228-3054186735.jpg

Alright the short story is Devlyn needs to poop and the banana is helping. She has tried a few new foods in the past week. I'm proud of her.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Yay!! Here's to YOU Devlyn! ?
Petey had 2 new things, cilantro, which he liked and red rose petals, which he ate 1 from my hand but refused to eat any more on his salad. ?

-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Thanks Dee! Rose petals are something I want to get to trying out too. Devlyn likes other flowers so she might eat them!

Also

Dang pinworms

Still has the pinworms. I figured as much because Devlyn has still been lethargic. Poos were smelly and off. She isn't quite herself. I must not have done enough to clean up her enclosure. I may have to do some insano level cleaning and temporary enclosure changes. Devlyn has handled enclosure changes pretty well in the past. Thinking about taking out everything at night to get sterilized and give her a cardboard box to sleep in. This way I can bake all her logs. I can clean the floor every day with F10. I might get some other cleaners I've read up about. Devlyn just gets affected by the pinworms. It's a lower end count 1+

She has been having trouble going poo which is the most severe issue I am worried about for her physical health. Some dragons can just have pinworms and be relatively unaffected. My poor Devlyn is affected so something must be done

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Also also

I can't in good conscience give Devlyn crickets anymore. She really enjoys crickets but crickets are the most likely source of how she got pinworms again. It's just how that insect is. They live short lived and live really dirty even with people doing everything I'm sure they can to try and keep a clean facility. I mean, you need a clean facility to keep your cricket business going so I hope they do everything they can.

I could start a red runner colony. That would give Devlyn the very energetic bug which is part of why I'm sure she likes crickets. I'd get grasshoppers but I can't in the USA. What's another good cricket substitute? Hmmm

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
DorgEndo":33i6eb63 said:
Thanks Dee! Rose petals are something I want to get to trying out too. Devlyn likes other flowers so she might eat them!

Also

Dang pinworms

Still has the pinworms. I figured as much because Devlyn has still been lethargic. Poos were smelly and off. She isn't quite herself. I must not have done enough to clean up her enclosure. I may have to do some insano level cleaning and temporary enclosure changes. Devlyn has handled enclosure changes pretty well in the past. Thinking about taking out everything at night to get sterilized and give her a cardboard box to sleep in. This way I can bake all her logs. I can clean the floor every day with F10. I might get some other cleaners I've read up about. Devlyn just gets affected by the pinworms. It's a lower end count 1+

She has been having trouble going poo which is the most severe issue I am worried about for her physical health. Some dragons can just have pinworms and be relatively unaffected. My poor Devlyn is affected so something must be done
Well shoot. Sorry to hear she has the pinworms again. That sux. ? I guess I'd have to stop crickets too under the circumstances. Petey's never had them with me or son. Don't know about prior to that. But he was tested for parasites about 18 months ago and was clean.
What's a red runner? Can you farm them? Always interested in learning something new. ? Haven't seen them on the lists of feeders.
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Scientific name: Blatta lateralis

The Turkish cockroach, the red runner because they are fast and rust colored. I was already researching them because I considered between them and dubia roaches at first. They grow faster than dubia. So that means more cleaning because they build up frass and any old roaches quicker. I've read people who have both online and they say the red runners can smell if you don't do some cleaning every 6 weeks or so. They need to be kept dry, which would work well for my house because it's dry so that should be okay. Water crystals for moisture, vegetables and/or roach chows. They have more protein than dubia which might be good for a younger growing beardie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom