Sick beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipunzal

Original Poster
Some progress with him today! I bought the digital probe which has definitely helped. He ate some mealworms and crickets today too and had a bath.

I have a question about beardies and laying in their water bowl though. He’s walked into his bowl twice today and just lays in it. Is that normal? The water is on the cool side so it’s cold so I get worried about him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Boy I don't know on that one-- do you need that water bowl in there-- since your bathing him is he drinking from it? I would cut back on the bathing - they don't need baths very often unless the are dehydrated and drinking from it--- are you feeding salads? He needs salads-- go to the feeding board and look for the nutrition website topic-- he needs salads every day-- rinse your greens before serving and he will get moisture from that and the bugs too provided they are gutloaded- like feeding carrots or squash to your feeders- I would take the water bowl out--- is he weak? I wouldn't want him drowning in it
Karrie

Ipunzal

Original Poster
He doesn’t drink from it. He either drinks from the baths I give him or from a syringe. I have lots of lettuce and kale that I can feed him, I thought about blending them into a slurry and syringe feeding him. He is still weak from when they gave him to us, I have calcium powder and liquid. The water bowl is very shallow so he wouldn’t drown. He actually props his head over the side and his body is just in the water. He willingly goes into it, he’s never done that before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok romaine lettuce is fine no ice Berg it will give him runny stools- and no nutritional value- you want foods good in nutrition- I don't know why he is laying in the water dish- we need Tracie or ahbd to see what they think-- I checked out the Luna website and they are a colony starting business- I visited the FAQ page and the shop page- they do not fly eat the same things the dragons eat-- post a pic of him please- this behavior is scareing me---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't know why he's in that bowl do not leave him in there and take it out - I would wrap him up.in a nice soft blanket- is your hide on the cool side of the tank? I would try and keep him warm on that side of tank like around 80 - do you have a ceramic heat emitter? Or a heating pad? Set it on low wrap the hitting pad up in a towel small blanket and place him on it- his tank needs to be dark no lights on this will help keep his immune system up
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom