Too much water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Original Poster
Or can I continue feeding her crickets till I move to Kentucky and get Dubai roaches there ... or is it better to move away from crickets ASAP?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she eating the crickets? It's up to you- you will like the dubias once you start them - they are so much easier to take care of and they don't stink chirp or die off as quickly -- dubias are better nutritional wise - I am thinking the discoid are about the same-- when are you moving?
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":68hgrnar said:
Is she eating the crickets? It's up to you- you will like the dubias once you start them - they are so much easier to take care of and they don't stink chirp or die off as quickly -- dubias are better nutritional wise - I am thinking the discoid are about the same-- when are you moving?
Karrie

I think in a couple of months or so

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would start her on the discoid- check out the website I posted for you - contact them and see if you can use the food you got from dubia roaches- I am thinking you can - or see if they list what they feed them -- do you have a 10 gallon aquarium or tote to keep them in?
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":l0t4qiao said:
I would start her on the discoid- check out the website I posted for you - contact them and see if you can use the food you got from dubia roaches- I am thinking you can - or see if they list what they feed them -- do you have a 10 gallon aquarium or tote to keep them in?
Karrie

Yea I’m keeping the crickets in a tall 40 gallon tank so they don’t jump out but it doesn’t have a top

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so your roaches can go in there actually it's overkill - dubias don't jump or fly - I don't know anything about the discoid-- but you can do some research on them - I would visit the website and go from there
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
107768-7621620577.jpg
107768-9126559347.jpg
She loves the dirt but the light hood I bought isn’t working..... so imma call them again Monday .... I hope to figure it out....

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The hood fixture isnt working? Thats not good--- I definitely would call them Monday ---
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30vcwsef said:
The hood fixture isnt working? Thats not good--- I definitely would call them Monday ---
Karrie

Yeah and even tho I have the dirt in the cage in a container she is digging beside it should I just put the dirt in the tank or just leave her be .... and I was using the thermometers and at night the tank got in the high 60s is that ok cuz I look it up and there are soooo many different opinions

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Put her in the dirt -- so she digs in it -- is the container outside her tank or in it? And the high 60's is good for nite time temp
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":aj99pzwj said:
Put her in the dirt -- so she digs in it -- is the container outside her tank or in it? And the high 60's is good for nite time temp
Karrie

I have it in a container inside the cage but she can easily get in and out and it under the lights

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":32ef7y9i said:
Then your good ---
Karrie

Ok and the tip of the bottom lip came off like the single scale that’s in the far point..... I thinks it was because she pecks at the glass and rubs her nose on it..... which u said the uvb might help with..... but I don’t have that yet and I wanna know if that’s a big deal cuz the dirt is kinda sticking to it..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take the plastic container out of the tank set her in it and see if that helps-- in the meantime wash her lip see what it looks like underneath- you might haft to get some sort of salve in it- but IAM not sure what- Tracie or ahbd can help there also w/ other ideas of that lay box issue
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1na5vvcn said:
Take the plastic container out of the tank set her in it and see if that helps-- in the meantime wash her lip see what it looks like underneath- you might haft to get some sort of salve in it- but IAM not sure what- Tracie or ahbd can help there also w/ other ideas of that lay box issue
Karrie

She just tries to run and hide under the couch it I take it out.how do I talk to tracie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom