Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Vanessawhite99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:What size is the enclosure


55 gallons
Vanessawhite99
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Wickedpogana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:What size is the enclosure


55 gallons

When i had a 55 gallon i used a 150watt basking bulb and i still use that bulb in my 75 gallon so with the right supplies you can use them for a future enclosure upgrade so you dont rebuy anything
so i would possibly get a 150watt whats the wattage on the on you use now?
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Vanessawhite99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:
Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:What size is the enclosure


55 gallons

When i had a 55 gallon i used a 150watt basking bulb and i still use that bulb in my 75 gallon so with the right supplies can be used for an upgraded enclosure so i would possibly get a 150watt whats the wattage on the on you use now?


Only 100 watts. I honestly just assumed that was enough because of of the needed temperatures
Vanessawhite99
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Wickedpogana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:
Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:What size is the enclosure


55 gallons

When i had a 55 gallon i used a 150watt basking bulb and i still use that bulb in my 75 gallon so with the right supplies can be used for an upgraded enclosure so i would possibly get a 150watt whats the wattage on the on you use now?


Only 100 watts. I honestly just assumed that was enough because of of the needed temperatures

What are you using to measure your tempatures
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Vanessawhite99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:
Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:
Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:What size is the enclosure


55 gallons

When i had a 55 gallon i used a 150watt basking bulb and i still use that bulb in my 75 gallon so with the right supplies can be used for an upgraded enclosure so i would possibly get a 150watt whats the wattage on the on you use now?


Only 100 watts. I honestly just assumed that was enough because of of the needed temperatures

What are you using to measure your tempatures


A heat gun
Vanessawhite99
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:48 pm

If your at a 100 watts now you need to up bulb to 150 but make sure you get a basking temp w/ your heat gun - I would recommend you get 2 digital probe thermometers from Petco or PetSmart
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 7732
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Wickedpogana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 pm

I also use a heat gun for my readings and on the decor under the light its max reading is 89? If you go to the petstore you can possibly pocket a bulb as its in just cardboard untaped they rip u off with higher prices anyway . Heres the fixture you need https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pangea ... xture.html you wont find it cheaper then that and the bulb youll need is a T5 Reptisun 10.0. The bulb that comes with the fixture doesnt emit uvb so dont use it you need the reptisun 10.0
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Vanessawhite99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:I also use a heat gun for my readings and on the decor under the light its max reading is 89? If you go to the petstore you can possibly pocket a bulb as its in just cardboard untaped they rip u off with higher prices anyway . Heres the fixture you need https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pangea ... xture.html you wont find it cheaper then that and the bulb youll need is a T5 Reptisun 10.0


Perfect, thanks for your help!
Vanessawhite99
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Vanessawhite99 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:53 pm

KarrieRee wrote:If your at a 100 watts now you need to up bulb to 150 but make sure you get a basking temp w/ your heat gun - I would recommend you get 2 digital probe thermometers from Petco or PetSmart
Karrie


Yeah that makes sense I don’t know what I was thinking haha thanks for the help!
Vanessawhite99
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Wickedpogana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Vanessawhite99 wrote:
Wickedpogana wrote:I also use a heat gun for my readings and on the decor under the light its max reading is 89? If you go to the petstore you can possibly pocket a bulb as its in just cardboard untaped they rip u off with higher prices anyway . Heres the fixture you need https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pangea ... xture.html you wont find it cheaper then that and the bulb youll need is a T5 Reptisun 10.0


Perfect, thanks for your help!

Yeah the probes take a long time to reach up to whatever tempature its on so if you dont wait which is forever the reading wont be correct thats why i stick to the heat gun . Even though i have a probe on each side of tank it pretty much used just to tell the ambient tempatures which i have 3 hygrometers for that so i barely look at the probes honestly just need the heat gun you can check if the surface is cold or scolding with your hand and that doesnt take 30minutes stick with the heat gun for your temp readings if you already dont have money for the probe get the esstenials like the uvb fixture
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:11 pm

Probes take 10 minutes of sitting on the basking spot- sometimes certain decor will throw a heat gun off depending on what the decor is made out of and hammocks are terrible for getting a actual temp off of --- I have one probe in my tank that I use on the cool side and the heat gun on the hot side but I am not using a hammock and have a resin log piece from Petsmart for a basking decor
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 7732
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Postby Wickedpogana » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:19 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Probes take 10 minutes of sitting on the basking spot- sometimes certain decor will throw a heat gun off depending on what the decor is made out of and hammocks are terrible for getting a actual temp off of --- I have one probe in my tank that I use on the cool side and the heat gun on the hot side but I am not using a hammock and have a resin log piece from Petsmart for a basking decor
Karrie

Yeah imitaion wood does throw off the heat gun but if its too hot you can tell as you know the readings your temp guns usually puts off takes a second to point it else where to check the tempature to see where its at and if its 135 or 120 regardless if the temps off its still too hot its as simple as using your hand to see if its too hot probe only reads better for a hammock and even then its not hard to figure that out either see what it is around and under and on the glass its attached too and you get a general idea without waiting 10 mins .i also use resin decor log Topfin brand never needed a porbe to read my basking tempature the probe can be thrown off just as much as a heat gun its all human technology and humans make errors thats where debates come in thank you for your opinion but heat guns are the go to.Imitation wood or "resin decor" will throw off the probe aswell as the probe dial is made out of metal or plastic rather the heat gun is a pointed Ir lazer that reads exactly where the infrared is pointed i use it daily not only for my beardie but for my line of worko. Diffrenet surfaces and material will give off diffrenet heat readings regardless thats just how materials work and if you know your temp guns reading you can tell its off and like i said if it goes up to 120 and 135 it doesnt matter if its off becuase its too hot regardless
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrunchyBeardedBaby, Google [Bot], theyellowlabrador